Recent content by Rusty_S85

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

12 volt electric system

Well my bike is almost finished just need to buy the last few pieces such as motor, saddle, hotrod engine parts and that's about it. Well I am wanting to run some vintage tail light and headlight, I wanted to buy something in good shape but used as I am going to gut it and use LED strip lights...
  2. R

Speedometer drive - modifying?

Late update but I resolved my issue my problem was I had to leave the jam nut on and then hold the wheel and stretch the front fork out while sliding down I was able to get it to fit and functions like it should. I already have 0000.8 on my odometer just spinning my front wheel for testing as...
  3. R

I talked with a guy on another forum he said use plyers and flatten it out as its soft metal and bends easily. I was able to bend it and get it to fit right. Now my only problem is the cheap speedometer didn't come with instructions so the only way I could get my front wheel to fit my fork...
  4. R

I found some metal vintage ones on ebay that look like the ears are spaced farther out but I don't know if the cable drive threads are standardized or not between new and vintage. Id hate to fork over $40 for a old drive and cant use it as my cable wont screw in or worse yet not read close on...
  5. R

Here is a picture of the problem I have. The arm that is supposed to sit over the top of the flange on the hub is actually touching the hub between the spoke holes. It has a bead rolled into it where I am afraid it wont work trying to smash it flat in a vice and then bending it further up. Id...
  6. R

I bought one of these vintage looking retro speedometers with a odometer (I didn't get the one with the trip as the knob breaks). Problem is the front wheel I got from MBRebel has a taller flange on the hub so the folded over ear on the speedometer drive hits the side of the hub flange so it...
  7. R

Rear kickstand

Little update, I got a black rear axle kick stand and it is a little narrower than my frame but it flexes pretty easily so I should be able to flex it outward over the axle and just tighten the nut down to lock it in place.
  8. R

Tires How wide is too wide?

Thanks for the reply. I will admit I am new to this. Last bike I owned was a Murry mountain bike back in the early 90`s. So I have made some mistakes but its part of learning. How ever I really have my eyes set on the CST C241 White Wall tire, I know its square but my frame is listed with...
  9. R

I can do that. I have to take the wheels down to my lbs anyways to get the rear wheel disassembled as the wheels I'm buying in the set isn't wide enough in the rear for my 150mm dropout so I will be having them lace in a 61mm hub I will be buying and true the front wheel up. While there I can...
  10. R

I want to find out before I place my wheel order this week after I get my refund from Niagra. I currently have a Sunlite Deluxe Springer fork and the frame is one of the Grubee`s Skyhawk GT2A frames with 150mm rear drop out. Ive heard some people claim of using 3" wide tires front and rear but...
  11. R

Rear kickstand

thanks for the reply, that's good to know I will be buying one now then. I purchased handle bars last night only to get my money refunded today apparently they are out of stock based off HBBC`s site. Good thing too cause the bars I bought from Jake are 7/8" and my VO threadless stem with...
  12. R

Rear kickstand

I was looking at the "repos" and none of them were saying what frames they would fit. For the vintage build I am going with I don't think a side kick stand nor a more modern center mount center stand would look proper on this retro build I am working on.
  13. R

Rear kickstand

I'm really wanting to use a rear hub mounted kick stand, the old vintage style hoop that folds down over the wheel. Problem is I cant get anyone that sells these to give me information on what drop out they work with. I am building on a 150mm drop out frame and no one can tell me if they are...
Back