Recent content by RustyGold

1. RustyGold

Box of Covid delivered today...

Too wide for me. I'll need at least a 7" rise, preferably 9-10". I have a set of Al's RT Cook bars I'll try. My go to bars are S&M Race XLTs, but if I'm going to go raw I might try Holders instead.
  2. RustyGold

muscle cars vs imports and everything else

Oi! Enough with the goats, already!
  3. RustyGold

Made the thread...better :bigsmile:.
  4. RustyGold

I've driven, and driven against, some very well sorted Z cars. It's a great platform to start from...just underpowered in stock form. The only car I have ever rolled on the street was a buddy's 510 :grin:.
  5. RustyGold

Since I competitively autocrossed a '73 Cuda bitd (early 90s) in California, and participated in autocross and hill climb events in Oregon through the rest of the 90s in a '65 Dodge Coronet 500...corners don't scare me. It takes very little to make an old car handle at limits that 99% of drivers...
  6. RustyGold

Spoiler alert...they weren't racing...or it was a 4-banger Mustang.
  7. RustyGold

Powerful 260z? Bwahaahaha...you mean after the V8 swap :grin:. You picked the wrong Pinto, anyway... ...and the wrong Rotsun... ...of course, instead of the King Cobra, you could have went with a 'Cuda... ...a Challenger... ...a 455 Trans Am... ...a 454 Corvette... ...or, if you are...
  8. RustyGold

Threading a hub to accept a disk brake adapter

If you have to pay for it...A will probably be cheaper as it can be done on a manual lathe :thumbsup: .
  9. RustyGold

Neither Lord Humungous, or Max, will be driving anything hilux powered...so, water pump duty sounds about right.
  10. RustyGold

Good cars if you are looking for underpowered, disposable, and boring :thumbsup: .
  11. RustyGold

Exactly...unless you are a machinist with a bunch of free time on your hands...you are better off buying a hub. That being said, I'm sure someone out there has kludged something together by dremeling out the adapter and jb welding it to the hub. But, that is going to be tough to pull off as if...
  12. RustyGold

Congrats, Japan! You just reached 1974 :thumbsup: .
  13. RustyGold

It's most likely going to take complete disassembly, a lathe, and a machinist. As an alternative, complete disassembly, a cnc mill, and a machinist :grin:.
  14. RustyGold

Haro Shift

I think there is well more than $200 in parts... depending on the make, there may be well over $200 in forks alone.