Recent content by sking1973

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sking1973

'62 Schwinn Hornet Fork Swap

I got a wild hair and decided to swap the forks on my '62 Hornet to a set of Rock Shox (sp) from an old Diamond Back mountain bike I had laying around. They actually fit, which surprised me. My issues arose when I went for a test ride. It seems to pull one way then the other. Could the fork swap...
  2. sking1973

Crazy Home-built Motorbike Deathride

Ha! No. I was so in awe that I didn't even look at the price tag. You would have to be a brave man to ride it I think.
  3. sking1973

Crazy Home-built Motorbike Deathride

Ran across this at a local flea market over the weekend. No real details about it. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.
  4. sking1973

Stingrays Only! (Early scramblers and hurricanes too!)

Re: Stingrays Only! My '03 Sting-Ray My Wife's Sting-Ray Fair Lady '07 BFK
  5. sking1973

16" Junior Convertible Cruiser

Hey! My 3 year old Daughter and I have been working on this little bike off and on for a couple of months. It's a Concord Casper convertible bicycle that a buddy picked up and I traded some bike work for. Unfortunately, I didn't take any before picks. It was originally red with a faded red...
  6. sking1973

Three piece crank removal

That's exactly how I was able to get them apart. I went ahead and pulled the bearings out to soak. The grease was hardened. I'm used to the cranks on old Schwinns and Huffys. Never worked with a crank like that before. The bike itself is a Concord kids convertible bike, 16".
  7. sking1973

A little more info. I guess this is a three piece cottered crank set. I will get a pic this evening of what I am working on. I just happened to think about it a bit ago while at work. I don't care if the whole thing comes out. I really just want to get the crank arms and sprocket off so...
  8. sking1973

I have a 16" kids bike that I am starting to work on for my 3 year old to ride next spring. It has a three piece crank and I am unfamiliar with removing the crank arms. Anyone able to give me some general advice to remove them?
  9. sking1973

1968 huffy rail

That's a good lookin' bike! :wink:
  10. sking1973

OLD SCHOOL ROADMASTER

Like this? I loved this bike and rode it hard. I've not seen a red '81 Pro Thunder on the web anywhere. That Roadmaster will look good cleaned up I think.
  11. sking1973

Repop Picker

I picked the springer up at Memory Lane Classics. When I purchased my several years ago, it was nearly as much as the bike was. Another alternative if you don't want to spend the $$ for a springer is to put a regular 20" wheel on the springer that came on the bike. This is my black Black...
  12. sking1973

Repop Picker

Here's my Green repop. These are a lot of cheap fun. I switched out the 20" springer with a 24." I like the ride a lot better. Doesn't feel like I'm going to go over the bars.
  13. sking1973

School Daze

14. sking1973

Front Hub Problem

Very cool. I will get a pic. The bike is an old AMC girls bike. Here's the link to my build. http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9247
  15. sking1973

Anyone help with this truck

A little enhancement.
Back