Recent content by slowerisbetter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Gallery of Bare Metal Bikes

Not the best pic, but it's my stripped down Electra Sparker. Bare metal with black 24"apes and one of those sweet Fattio's on the back. Favorite bike I've owned so far!
  2. S

"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Trike to cart around my kiddos and 2-4's... :D My bare metal Electra Sparker
  3. S

Electra Bicycle Pics

Love Electra's! My wife rolls on an old Cream/Tan Twiggy, used to have a Fink (RIP) but currently ride a bare-metal Sparker with Apes and a redone Coaster (pics below) and I've got one more Deluxe frame just waiting to be built back up.
  4. S

Seat / Saddle Gallery - Post Pics Here

A little Argyle action from a RRBO bike a couple summers ago. Just need to figure out how to vinyl cover my seats... fortunately, it rains once a decade in Tempe, AZ!
  5. S

Welder: Should I get it?

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to do it... Miller seems like the best thing out there, so I'll try to get my hands on one of those. Here's to truly building my own creation!! Cheers, Joey
  6. S

Welder: Should I get it?

So I took a class, learned to weld and now I need a welder! Yes, I've searched around here like crazy, but I can't figure out what machine to get that's powerful enough to hold a bike together without breaking the bike or the bank. Here's the deal: 1. I want to build bikes (ground up) that...
  7. S

forgotten but not lost

That is sooooooo sweet... I think its perfect for a calendar shot! Patina, barn and middle of nowhere: can it get more classic than this? Well done!
  8. S

Barefoot Delivery

9. S

Basmania

Dude... Three words: That. Is. Awesome. OK, five words: ...and huge!
  10. S

Electra head tube measurement

Yeah, I found that measurement out and I also found that the head tube on Electra's are all one inch so I need to figure out if there's a way to fit it all together! Thanks for the help...
  11. S

Electra head tube measurement

Hey guys, need some help here. I'm currently drooling over the Abraham Linkage fork (yes, over priced and waaaaay out of line considering it was $90 at one point, but I've got some play money!) and I want to know if it'll fit my Electra Sparker. It's an older model Sparker (first year it was...
  12. S

PLACE YOUR VOTES HERE!

This is worse than Facebook: I keep hitting refresh to check my vote count! Make it stop!! :wink:
  13. S

PLACE YOUR VOTES HERE!

I like this... :D I'm thinking of just going through this year's and attaching some of these to certain bikes. How about a "Could you REALLY ride that?" award...
  14. S

PLACE YOUR VOTES HERE!

I say we keep the voting. Some of us love the friendly competition and as long as we can keep it real and laid back, it pushes us to build better and cooler bikes. If the voting disappeared, I think some would miss that "push" you get when you're in competition and trying to out-do or out-create...
Back