Recent content by snowworks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. snowworks

Show me your chrome plated bike

I always loved Chrome bikes. If I see one for sale it finds a home with me..! Here is a WCC I did Covid year..
  2. snowworks

Star Spangled Bomber

I had a bike painted red white blue like the Kona. 24 inch. My sister and I did it for the 1976 bicentenial. Blue front wheel with stars every other spoke. rear was red white striped. Soon after that I got my drivers license. and the bike was sold. I do think I have a pic of the old girl just...
  3. snowworks

ORANGE DX STRAND CRUISER

Late to this thread but a very nice build!! I like it!! I have been looking to build a 26 BMX. Looking vintage style. So I want to get the double top post frame and start there...
  4. snowworks

West Coast Choppers Head tube size

Yea I did hear that Memory Lane bicycles in OH has sold out. I thought they were going to have the April show. Then get ready to close up. I live on the west side of Detroit and yes I do go to Ann Arbor swap in April. Could I get one more favor? What is the length of the fork tube? From the...
  5. snowworks

Looking at the pictures it looks like he used 3 forks. The rear shock off of a Dept store bike and cut some leading link plates. Welderup!! Mine will not be as pretty as his but we will see. I have not done this but got to start some where. I need to find a few parts yet but the April...
  6. snowworks

Falstaff thanks again. The fork I would like to build is like Extended Cruise that was a winner on the build off. First I need to get a 1" threadless fork just to get the started, and a head set. I might have to buy some tubing for this project. The forks are so long. Maybe if I see another...
  7. snowworks

Sinister 5 speed Rail project

Very NICE!! NICE job on the fade paint. Looks like new!! Clear coat on top?? It must be Auto paint. Looks to good for rattle can. I like the trick with the aluminum over the plastic spokes. Where are you getting the forks?? I have seen 3-4 bikes with these forks. SWEET!!! I want one!!
  8. snowworks

Falstaff. Thanks that is what I need!! I measured the frame head tube and it is 35mm. and that is 1 3/8 inch. So just thinking about that it had to be a 1 inch. Now I need to find a fork and a head set. Then think about what type of springer I can build!! Thanks again.
  9. snowworks

Just picked up a West Coast Choppers 20" and the fork, head set and bars were gone. Question is what size head tube on the fork is it?? 1 or 1 1/8 inch?? I do know it was a threadless fork. I need to find the right fork and start building a springer for it!! I will measure the frame head tube...
  10. snowworks

Swing Bike Build

Looking to build a Swing bike this spring. I have looked around on line and see many different ways to build them. First rear wheel 20 or 24 inch?? The biggest difference I see is how to mount the rear fork pivot. Some have a pivot in front of the seat tube. or take off the top rear wheel...
  11. snowworks

Ride on the Expressway in Detroit MI Sunday !! Sept 21

Not the best weather, dripping rain. The news said there was 10K people there!! There was lots of people walking, running, skate boardres Kids with power wheels ect!! Very little room to ride bikes. But I did as did others. The upside down was a little tricky but no one got hurt!! as in ME...
  12. snowworks

Ride on the Expressway in Detroit MI Sunday !! Sept 21

SAY WHAT!! That is correct. Near Detroit MI they have closed off the I-96 expressway all summer for total reconstruction. They are nearing completion, and this Sunday they are inviting the public to ride, run and walk on the new concrete. Sept. Sunday Sept 21 2pm.. They did 7 miles of...
  13. snowworks

Kalamazoo, MI. Aug 23 Brickyard Vintage bicycle show??

Anybody here from the Kazoo MI. area?? I know little about this show but it sounds good. Brickyard Vintage Bicycle show Sat Aug 23. Old Dog Tavern sponsers it. Beer and Bikes. Yea, I am in. I also think it has some connection with Western MI. U. Because that is where I seen it. It says 3rd...
  14. snowworks

Detroit's Belle Isle FreakBike Nation Ride and Picnic

Heck yea!! we had a good time at the Belle Isle ride.. Me and the Mrs. Nice to see some improvement to the Isle. Freaky bikes, Nice ride, and Kool people!!.. Plan to stay longer next year, Bring more bikes?? Ride more laps around the Isle!!
  15. snowworks

Detroit's Belle Isle FreakBike Nation Ride and Picnic

Ride on Belle Isle, That sounds good.!! I hope the weather is good!! See if I can bring the Stacked or Upside down. May be I can get some other people to ride.. Is the Great Lakes chapter Freekbike web site working?? Not much action there. Together we ride as one!!
Back