Recent content by SoulGarageOH

1. SoulGarageOH

DB Silver Streak

I really like the paint job on that seat post. The whole thing is shaping up nicely. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. SoulGarageOH

Horn Swoop Me Bungo Pony

Big “horn-swoopie” cruiser bars! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. SoulGarageOH

Horn Swoop Me Bungo Pony

A Halloween inspired update photo: I had to pound a wooden stake through the heart of frame to make room room for 26 x 2.125 inches of riding peace. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. SoulGarageOH

Horn Swoop Me Bungo Pony

I didn’t say anything, because I’ve been known to be wrong here and there, but I remember hearing that BOC was the American answer to Sabbath. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. SoulGarageOH

DB Silver Streak

Ahh, a fluted alloy seat post. That brings me back. That was the final item, the finishing touch, if you will, to the bmx bike of my youth. I had a cheap AMF Hawk frame that was handed down to me from a friend, but I built around it and made it look pretty legit... and then it was stolen and I...
  6. SoulGarageOH

Horn Swoop Me Bungo Pony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. SoulGarageOH

Horn Swoop Me Bungo Pony

It’s a 26” bike, but those frames are about an inch shorter than the Schwinn middleweights. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. SoulGarageOH

Horn Swoop Me Bungo Pony

Is that an original pressing, Carl? And Yeah! Hot Rails to heck!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. SoulGarageOH

Horn Swoop Me Bungo Pony

Impressive song lyric recognition skills. I’m pretty sure Carl rocks though. He makes some pretty cool guitars. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. SoulGarageOH

Horn Swoop Me Bungo Pony

For the past several builds, I’ve been naming my bikes after lyrics of songs that were recorded the same year as the bike was built. So, this one is taken from Blue Oyster Cult’s “The Red and the Black,” which is probably my favorite song by them. Ironically, however, the first time I heard it...
  11. SoulGarageOH

Horn Swoop Me Bungo Pony

Ok. I’ll do this. BMX strandie/cruiser thing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. SoulGarageOH

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

That was NOT easy. Somehow I stayed with 5 votes so as not to "water things down." I wanted to vote for about 15. There are a lot of really fine builds in both classes.
  13. SoulGarageOH

I Can't Afford the Gas

Thanks for the input O.J. I think I agree with you on the photo. That photo was one of my top three choices. I got tired of thinking about it, so I just threw the drive-in shot on there. I think I will take your advice and do the switcheroo.
  14. SoulGarageOH

I Can't Afford the Gas

Build thread below. https://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-cant-afford-the-gas.111043/