Recent content by sqrly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sqrly

Help - what do I have??

Looks like a Huffy or AMF, otherwise known as a good donor for a low budget ratrod build.
  2. sqrly

Repair Stand

Run and get it before somebody beats you to it. Offer them $50 flat out the door. Nearly all antique malls have a 10% leeway. I've never seen one like that but looks like it will do the job nicely. I suspect the Spin Doctor sticker is from the music band.
  3. sqrly

A coon a board and a corvette

A corvette 2 is a later version. It should have a silver plastic headbadge that is like sunrays. The badge is glued on and extreme care must be taken to remove it. A good shape badge is worth 40-60 bucks. My friend had one and his had chrome fenders, brown leather seat with crash rail. And...
  4. sqrly

Funky sized cottered cranks on an old straightbar.

There are "old bike shops" that actually have a selection of square tapered bb spindles. They make many different ones that have various offsets to position the chainline. In the past (when I worked at a bike shop that was well outfitted with repair parts) I have used square spindles with cups...
  5. sqrly

Chicago TailDraggers !!!!~~ POWDER COAT OFFER ~~!!!!!

Re: Chicago TailDraggers 2013 ** Next Ride September 8th ** Anybody going to the bike swap in Carpentersville Oct 12th (I think that is the day)? I will probably be going.
  6. sqrly

Left Side Drive

There are some bmx hubs for left drive or you could go the fixie hub route.
  7. sqrly

what is your favorite sprocket

I vote for this one!
  8. sqrly

what is your favorite sprocket

As a semi serious collector of sprockets, I would like to beg you to not do "exact reproduction" of sprockets. Im already having to be really carefull to not buy reproductions of certain sprockets and I see buyers being swindled by sellers claiming repops are the real thing. I know just a...
  9. sqrly

Outskirtscustoms finds

I cant remember what the measurment are normally, but there is all kinds of info at bmx museum. They make you pay to sell though.
  10. sqrly

New guy here

Welcome. I would love to see pics of your Westfield Elk.
  11. sqrly

Outskirtscustoms finds

The "pro" should be a longer frame. Usually 1-1.5" longer top tube.
  12. sqrly

All Illinois Interstate 80 people

Hope it is a good turn out for you guys/gals.
  13. sqrly

All Illinois Interstate 80 people

That sprocket is not a Schwinn sprocket. It is an early Hawthorn sprocket... which is just wrong for an "Old school Schwinn" bicycle club. Sorry, but as a sprocket collector, I notice such things. :?
  14. sqrly

Trek OCLV 9800 mtb

Buy a derailler hanger replacement from a newer bike and use a file and a drill to make it compatable with a replaceable hanger. Thats what I would do.
  15. sqrly

Some rusty wall hangers but one cool head Badge

Im thinking its an Elgin, but research that more. Just my first impression.
Back