Recent content by SSG

1. SSG

Psychobilly Cadillac (BO16)

As usual I'll just be making things up as I go along. Due to the bike boom I haven't ended up with any donor bikes in the past year so picking are slim.
  2. SSG

Bikes with Diamond frames.

3. SSG

Hypercycle

These short wheelbase bikes are a blast.
  4. SSG

I ordered a new bike!

451 is nice because it's a little larger diameter which helps the gearing a bit.
  5. SSG

I ordered a new bike!

Are the wheels 406 or 451?
  6. SSG

Classic 3 Speeds

7. SSG

"Schwinn Approved" lightweight front axle help needed.

I thought I'd update this, the WALD #157 axle kit did the trick.
  8. SSG

Lugged Schwinn Quill Stem ID needed.

I bought it to go on my Schwinn new world, but unfortunately the stem diameter is too small.
  9. SSG

I haven't been getting much work done outside.

I've never seen this much water standing, not even from a hurricane. This isn't run-off from anywhere else, this is just how saturated the ground is. Inside my barn.
  10. SSG

Lugged Schwinn Quill Stem ID needed.

I was told this came from a 1970 Schwinn Collegiate Tourist, but I'm not sure it's correct for that bike. I'm not even sure its oem schwinn. I'm just wondering if anyone recognizes what bike it came from. No markings other than the minimum insertion text.
  11. SSG

Rat Rod Blades Challenge 2021 - Build thread

It's been raining a lot so I'm running behind. I need to finish the air pipe, fire pot and tuyre for my forge and I can get started.
  12. SSG

drop forged forks?

It really just means the legs are solid rather than tubular. It would make it easier to heat and straighten them.
  13. SSG

Knife buildoff challenge discussion

The motor is a spare I had laying around. It's probably nearly as old as the rest, but it works fine. I went with an electric motor just because it was quick and easy, no gearing required.
  14. SSG

Knife buildoff challenge discussion

The blower is from a laco oil burning furnace from the thirties or forties. I picked it up cheap a few years ago but it was just the housing. Now seemed like a good time to try to get it going. I drilled out a piece of solid rod for the hub, drilled and tapped a hole on the inside end for a set...