Recent content by SwissGuy

1. SwissGuy

Campground Stroller Trike

Tonight I dug through my basement in preparation of the trip to the campground for the long weekend and collected some bits and bites for the next mock-up. The apehanger was purchased for this project, it shares the box with various small parts that might come in handy. For now the wheel will...
  2. SwissGuy

Airship

Nothing better than some old cared for tools! Gesendet von meinem moto g(7) power mit Tapatalk
  3. SwissGuy

DoorK

If he had tudors he could even creat a draft... Gesendet von meinem moto g(7) power mit Tapatalk
  4. SwissGuy

DoorK

Tudor style bike?
  5. SwissGuy

Ten Turing

Pozdrowienia z Berlina! The village you are describing sounds very much like a place I visited some 26 years ago on my second of two bike trips through Poland: The area around the lake Jezioro Czarne....
  6. SwissGuy

Yes, I really like the muscle vibe it gets... We have a long weekend coming up next week and I'll try another mockup... Im very much looking forward spending some time on the campground on the long weekend next week and maybe do some wrenching.... Me too! I tried/planned to use the stroller...
  7. SwissGuy

5 days in and already 35 threads....! Although I will have a lot of stuff on my plate this summer, I'll try and join in for the fun. Last summer I bought this nice vintage NSU goose neck ladies frame: I was watching this beautie for a long time on the bay and finnally came out lucky. The year...
  8. SwissGuy

RRBBO16

Mom battle.... ...let me get some PopCorn. btw I'm on the "don't fix it, if it isn't broke" side of things...
  9. SwissGuy

RatRodRower

Today was another day, I spent some serious time to make my rower work better. One big problem I discovered very soon while using the machine was, the rub of the rope. After going through several sets of ropes of various thickness, I stopped using the machine for a while to rethink the rope...
  10. SwissGuy

RatRodRower

First of all thank you for the kind words! Color wise I'm thinking around the same lines: black for the railing hardware, metal as it is for the bike parts, white rim with a red rim band or painted red inside and the wood a bit darker than it is now. But this has probably to wait until spring...
  11. SwissGuy

RatRodRower

Thank you! I'm still thinking of a fitting paint job for the metal part of the machine (or leaving it as it is). For the wood I'll probably stain and wax it. But the seat definitly needs some sort of cushion (I did about 30 min on it yesterday and it started to hurt....)
  12. SwissGuy

RatRodRower

And here some more pictures of the finished(?) RatRodRower: bottom side: storage position:
  13. SwissGuy

RatRodRower

Yesterday was tweeking and building day. I spent almost the entiry day working out some of the details on the rower and in the same time assisting my 7 years old to build his Lego bounty ship (it's for 9 years up, but he did fine and only needed very little help). So side by side we were...
  14. SwissGuy

RatRodRower

Afterthoughts and ToDo: As much as I like the sound, the machine is really loud (probably due to the magnets) and the resistance is not adjustable. So I'm thinking of a different setup, maybe with a tyre and a dynamo and putting adjustable pressure onto it.... So still on my ToDo list: -fixed...
  15. SwissGuy

RatRodRower

And I finally got myself a RatRodRower: (the cheap and still to expensive crap they sell online doesn't stand a chance...)