Recent content by The Heron

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

Spaceliners & Schwinn Tiger

Beautiful Spaceliner!!! :shock:
  2. T

'64 Flyer

Thanks TM!
  3. T

'64 Flyer

I bought this Western Flyer a couple of months ago. Here's a couple of cool shots:
  4. T

Happy THanksgiving!

Right back at'cha! ...and Happy Thankgiving to the rest of you as well! :D
  5. T

Question: Peanut Butter Odor... NO KIDDING!

I've heard that peanut butter never really goes bad, so I'd say it beats veg oil hands down for lubing a bike :wink: -- it just doesn't make the bike taste any better! I figure I can use mineral spirits to get rid of the odor on the metal parts, but I'm not sure what to use on the seat. I can...
  6. T

Question: Removing Fender Brace Rivets...

That sounds like a plan! I've got a drill and some grind-stone bits that may work.
  7. T

Thanks guys! Yeah -- by the looks of the head bearings I took out of there, I shouldn't be surprised if that were the case :? When I replaced the bearings I packed the donor set with petroleum jelly -- it's just what I had on hand at the time. It's weird that the smell seems to come from all...
  8. T

Old, fairly complete, Huffy cruiser -- brought home for a song! I immediately noticed lots of water leaking out around the front assembly when loading it in the trunk. I later discovered the front fork was filled with rain water. As I continued working with the bike, I began noticing an odd...
  9. T

Question: Removing Fender Brace Rivets...

... without damaging fenders? My impulse go-to is mallet and flathead screwdriver. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  10. T

Cherry Bomb

That sprocket is like a mirror! How'd you do that? Great color match!
  11. T

KON-TIKI CRAWLER aka: 24" Tornado project

Well, lot's of time has passed. I've got several projects cooking at once. At this time, it seems like a better idea to Tiki-fy the 62 Typhoon for now. This is something I would have done inevitably anyway. The drive for the Typhoon project has been "stripped-down" and "keep it simple" --...
  12. T

The Galtbacken 18

Speechless! :shock: I envy your skills and ambition!
  13. T

Post photos of bikes in kitchens here:

Nice color on this! What is it (The frame that is)?
  14. T

Post photos of bikes in kitchens here:

:lol: I know how that sort of thing goes! I snuck mine up from the basement, making as little noise as possible. The kitchen here is cleaner than it's been in months... seemed like a good place to "work" as well as photograph. Ironically, the old kitchen chairs are in the basement where I...
Back