Recent content by TimUK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. TimUK

*MBBO/ORBO* - So, who's in and for what category??

I've always missed the BO's, just popped my head in and realised it's perfect timing for once! May well enter one...or both...of the categories.
  2. TimUK

50's Schwinn...Which is now a '68 Starlet III...

Just wondering if anyone could advise me regarding this bike: I realise these are pretty common...but not so much over here in the UK so I'm just trying to wade through the vintage US sizings, with the help of Sheldon Brown's site. Luckily it looks like Porkchop ships the stuff I'll need...
  3. TimUK

50's Schwinn...Which is now a '68 Starlet III...

Birthday present from my girlfriend :O finally got a project I can post on here about! Not sure what direction I'm going to go in yet...Definitely keep the patina, time to dig through my parts store! :D
  4. TimUK

Best Trailer you have actually hauled or seen hauled by a bike

I'm planning on making something like this (once I've made my trailer...) I like the idea of the caster, obviously, this would be for a two wheel trailer. http://www.instructables.com/id/Bike-Trailer-Hitch-2/
  5. TimUK

Don't know what to call this thing...

...but it's different! Has two wheels but didn't really want to put it in a "Bike" thread :/
  6. TimUK

A fairly well trashed OCC Stingray Chopper to play with - Winter project!

Cheers, will have to have a look at that. Looking at the thing I get the impression the fork legs are bent, probably been front-ended at some point, may explain both.
  7. TimUK

I am the passenger, and I ride and I ride... Makes a change from the usual spider's nests! Turns out the white and blue were sticky-back plastic: Unfortunately the sticky-back plastic was over all the holes in the frame: Not sure what these were doing, they look like a later addition?
  8. TimUK

Yeah, it's had a life that's for sure! Paint is rattle-can with no masking, I may be mistaken but I think he was going for the Leeds United football (soccer) team colours.
  9. TimUK

Just picked up three quarters...maybe more like two thirds...of an OCC Stingray. No idea what I'm going to do with it yet beyond tearing it down, cleaning it up and doing something about that paint! I know this frame divides opinion, not actually sure about it myself, but getting something...
  10. TimUK

Drift bike...

You may have seen this on Facebook already, only seems to be on Fb but it's public so seems to play anyway.
  11. TimUK

...The Rest of the Picture.

Love the concept and was sure I'd have something to fit, but no, apparently not...I'll be off to photograph my regular 'go to's' tomorrow then!
  12. TimUK

using bikes as christmas decorations

Weird, just put this pic up elsewhere on the board but what they hey?! It wasn't for Christmas but, my MTB last month:
  13. TimUK

Valley of Lights ride

Wasn't sure which category...this seemed as good as any! This summer the three towns in the valley I live in have been flooded...three times. Tourism is a major industry here and most money is made during the summer, many local shops were closed for full refits/refurbishments after the floods...
  14. TimUK

South Pennines, UK

A few more... Taken by my sister on our latest ride, the 'middle-distance staring' was entirely unintentional! Local woods: And again: The beast in it's natural environment (yes, I'm 'fully rigid' now...) Random runner paused for a breather:
  15. TimUK

Penzance Cornwall, UK

Awesome, gonna have to look into St Michael's Mount...done Cornwall once but I was only 11 and we didn't see this. (Ironically, I've visited Le Mont St Michel which must just about face it from the french side?!) Gorgeous bit of the world.
Back