Recent content by TomSkylark96

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

CALVIN 1987 bare metal bike

The Idea was make a mean looking bike with significant green chainring, without chainguard, some sort of technical bike, no extra things, just components from metal, aluminium...Then when I stripped the paint, I decided to let the frame bare metal. I have some colors in head - Pear green...
  2. T

CALVIN 1987/Sachs 3-speed internal/bare metal/ FINISHED!!

CALVIN is finished !! stickers are put on frame :D, new homemade vinyl grips are mounted... I made a short test drive and I'm suprised how grip it has when turning, 3-speed gearbox work just fine... coaster brake too There are some photos of finished bike, some are from Zlin's Svit - that is...
  3. T

Re: CALVIN 1987 / Sachs 3-speed internal / bare metal Ok, today a big package arrived :D - Rubena Cobra 26x1.90 tires (made in Czech Republic) - seat tubes, for other bikes too - brake pads - stem - pedals - sticker :D - and some litlle stuff like nuts and bearings The last thing I...
  4. T

Re: CALVIN 1987 *bare metal* build off - 14 new photos Thanks guys :) I'm glad you all like the frame... I like it too :D It looks (more in real) like it's from titan tubes, it has some strange tint :D I'm now waitin for parts that I bought on internet, I hope that tommorow it will come :D
  5. T

Re: CALVIN 1987 build off well, Today I painted all the parts and the frame. frame just got clear coat My summer paintshop :D WIN code, it's probably date of manufacture, isn't it? what do you think? Love this sadlle...ready to go :) All parts together...
  6. T

Re: CALVIN 1987 build off Really? That's great, and what you like most on Prague...You came by plane right? When you were here? by the way we were in Prague this weekend, I live in Zlin, that's about 300 km away from Prague, nice trip :-).
  7. T

Re: CALVIN 1987 build off Thanks :) this is how the frame looks now, week ago I stripped the color and polished it. The whole idea is that the bike won't have color, because I like the actual look of the frame. Today work : Went on my cruiser to shop (about 15 km trip) and buy sprays...
  8. T

Hi, I'm new here, but I was watching this great site about one year... :-) I finally decided to put my bike on this site so here it is... It's german touring bicycle from 1987, that I bought on Aukro (czech brother of Ebay) for 25 $. I painted rims to black in winter, yes in winter...
Back