Recent content by Tuco

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tuco

JC Higgins dating?

I'm trying to figure out what year this bike is? Any idea? Thanks!!!
  2. Tuco

Colson serial number help!

Awesome! So, it all adds up...to 1940! Thanks folks!!!
  3. Tuco

Ahh, yep, J-1
  4. Tuco

Thank you! That's what I was thinking. After reading your thread (cool bike by the way!), someone mentioned to check the stamp on the Morrow hub. Mine is stamped "36 13"
  5. Tuco

Another thing that is confusing me (perhaps I'm just overthinking this) is that the only Colson's I've seen with this chainguard were from 1936. They were different frames and had different chainrings, but they had this chainguard.
  6. Tuco

I'm thinking the "E 0" are the date???? "E" being the 5th month May, 0 being 1940? That would mean it's having a birthday! :)
  7. Tuco

I have this Colson bicycle. I found some numbers stamped under the BB, but I haven't had any luck finding out what they mean. Can anyone help? Thanks!!!! It reads "156 10" then in smaller letters "FBC" or possibly "EBC). Underneath that it reads "E" "0"
  8. Tuco

Vampiress

Vampiress, as the name suggests, is a female vampire character. Vampires are killed by sunlight, so, in order to travel in the daylight she carries an umbrella/parasol to shade her from the suns deadly rays.
  9. Tuco

Vampiress

10. Tuco

Vampiress

Here's a peek at my newest build in progress. "Like" Tuco Rat Bikes on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TucoRatBikes
  11. Tuco

Exercise bike build!

I don't know if it's ever been done before...but, AFTER parting out and scrapping a pretty funky exercise bike, I thought it would have been pretty cool to build a custom exercise bike! It's too late for mine now (frame went to scrap yard), but would anybody be interested in doing such a build...
  12. Tuco

Ratty Sears Spyder

ditto.
  13. Tuco

"Coolest Bike Ever!"

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :D
  14. Tuco

"Coolest Bike Ever!"

Me and my son Abram set out to build him the "coolest bike ever". It is a 24" 1970 Murray Space Flite. We wanted to give it that old school chopper look with a small fat tire on the back and a tall skinny tire on the front. We added the rear wheel from a Jesse James West Coast Chopper 20" x 3"...
  15. Tuco

HELP! patina

Yes, Thank You, That's Very Helpful!!! I Understand What You Guys Are Saying, But, To Me, It All Does Match Except The Springer. I Think if I Could Get The Springer To More Closely Match The ChaInguard, It Would Tie It All Together.
Back