Recent content by Uncle Fide

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Uncle Fide

ELGIN DECOLUXE

Hi all, saw this new creation of yours TRM and thought of Cadzilla straight away!:praise::rockout:
  2. Uncle Fide

HEADBADGES

Thanks, I'm happy with the result, lots of guidance videos about chasing on YouTube if you fancy a go. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Uncle Fide

1st go at steampunk

Not totally sure on that yet Luke but might just bolt it in straight through the frame or possibly try using a stem wedge and bolt. Gotta think how would Jules Verne have done it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Uncle Fide

1st go at steampunk

A couple of taster shots, frame mock up with the tapered rigid forks, ballooners, clean up of backets and shortened seat tube. And this is gonna be on it somewhere but you'll have to either guess or wait n see Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Uncle Fide

1st go at steampunk

Well, after an aborted entry into BBO9 with indecision, I have a collection of nice bits such as bars, stem, 1960s Brooks saddle etc. I've sold off the frame, forks and wheels from Indecision. So what is a man to do, I know, I'll Steampunk the French m*untain bike! So here's the starting point...
  6. Uncle Fide

DRAG KING

Well deserved win and praise Jim, just plain stunning build. I raise my hat to both your skill and determination. Top job fella! :-) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Uncle Fide

HEADBADGES

About three hours hand chasing a headbadge for my Peugeot ratter. Just a piece of polished Coke can and a ball point pen for a tool.. Very pleased :-) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Uncle Fide

VOTE HERE!!!

I can't see how/where I register my vote?!? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Uncle Fide

Show me your Military theme bikes

My daughters freshly finished mighty 8th bike. She's not seen it yet as I'm handing it over at the 95th BG museum at the old airfield at Horham in Suffolk. Hope she likes it! For anyone interested, the 390th BG on the frame is Sophie's favorite group and we're based at Horham before the 95th...
  10. Uncle Fide

The Indecision

Here you go fellas, the reason I won't be getting my bike finished in time! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Uncle Fide

The Indecision

Will do :-) this is my little girl in her genuine uniform at the museum last summer. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Uncle Fide

The Indecision

Looks like I'm not going to get Indecision finished any time soon. I have just finished my daughters 8th AAF bike and will be at her USAAF museum Americana show to present it to her this coming weekend. Work and home commitments are then taking the next two as well. Good luck to all and I...
  13. Uncle Fide

DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Back brace!?! Can't wait to see that :-) Briefly on the wheel tyre size thing, check out Sheldon Brown on the link below, there's all you need to know and more on the subject plus all sorts of bike related info. sheldonbrown.com/rim-sizing.html Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Uncle Fide

1945 Elgin

Doesn't matter how many times I look at the before and after, I still can't get my brain to accept this is the same bike and that hub is a work of art all on its own. Why don't modern manufacturers make stuff like that any more? Awesome! :praise:
  15. Uncle Fide

Etta ( completed front fork with assembly and a mock-up!)

Ouch, better tin than skin though.
Back