Recent content by vancruisers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. vancruisers

Road Master Build

Serial number is: H22837 A Cw Oh and there's paint on it now!! :) No pics yet but it's coming along great. I am going to do a wet sand and another coat of colour I think.
  2. vancruisers

Road Master Build

Yeah I'll grab the serial next time I'm downstairs - I MIGHT start on actual colour this afternoon once I'm done fighting with my phone.
  3. vancruisers

Road Master Build

Frame is a Cleveland Welding, I believe it was a Roadmaster to start with. I have a few bits and pieces from a couple of other bikes that I'm sorting through - I've got fenders and a rack but I'm not sure if they'll go on it or not yet. The chainguard will for sure though!!
  4. vancruisers

Road Master Build

I've been framed! Primer is done, trying to decide on my paint scheme. I've got red/yellow/white/black in my paint pile...
  5. vancruisers

Road Master Build

Well I just started a build and the build-off just started, I guess I'll join in to the fun!! The frame is an old Road Master, I had sandblasted it a looong time ago but it's been sitting cluttering up my basement ever since. I've also got a pretty decent parts pile to dig through so I really...
  6. vancruisers

** Last Friday of the Month Ride - Vancouver, BC **

OK, this is seriously last minute, but tonight is the LAST F-RIDE-DAY of the month cruiser ride in Vancouver! Meet up at the Lost Lagoon Roundabout ( http://vancruisers.ca/calendar/maps/los ... roundabout ) at 8:15 or so. We'll roll out by 8:45ish and catch the 9o'clock gun. Park ride...
  7. vancruisers

Adjusting your Sturmey Archer 3-Speed

I'm with Larry above - check your cone adjustment... Oh yeah, and I should mention you're better off being a little loose than being a little tight!
  8. vancruisers

Adjusting your Sturmey Archer 3-Speed

Hey Jeff, I think it's going to depend what kind of riding you're doing. There were tandems back in the day that came stock with Sturmey hubs. I found this Italian tandem with what appears to be an AB: For around city riding you're probably all good - just remember there's a lot more...
  9. vancruisers

Public Thanks to "Nashira and Vancruiser"

Kev's definitely there in this one!! ;)
  10. vancruisers

Yet more... ...and now that I've had a bit more time to wake up the writeup for the ride is up Here - check it out!!
  11. vancruisers

Ask and you shall Receive! Thanks Kev!!! We were hella glad to see you too... Photos from the night are up here on Vancruisers.ca - the forum software on here doesn't play super nice for my images (it won't let me use the scaled down ones) but here's a sampler...
  12. vancruisers

"I Think I Smell a Rat" by the White Stripes

I hear that one... Armourall does serious damage to rubber and plastic. Basically stuff gets "addicted" to it - you're ok as long as you keep using it forever but stop for a while and everything drys right out faster than you can believe. Don't do it!
  13. vancruisers

New Cruisers

Hampton Cruiser So I decided I didn't have enough bikes (Ha!) and ended up finding a Hampton at a local Sports Junkies (they usually sell consignment and overstock, etc)... The bike was cheap ($299 CDN) and dead sexy so what could I do? Quality is so-so - it uses my favorite coaster hub to...
  14. vancruisers

New Sturmey Archer 3 Speed Hubs

That'd be an AWC, the "budget" hub of the Sturmey line... What kind of shifter is on that bike? The hub itself doesn't have much to do with how it shifts - there's no index mechanism or anything inside the hub.
  15. vancruisers

New Sturmey Archer 3 Speed Hubs

New Sturmey, Old Sturmey I'm a bit of a Sturmey freak so I'll chime in on this one... There's no question the older Sturmey hubs (ie pre 198x) are built really well, at least on the 3-speed side of things. Where they all fail however is coaster brakes. The TCW is a dangerous nightmare, the...
Back