Recent content by Verrt

1. Verrt

Selling/Trading During the Pandemic

...... @Bike from the Dead! You shut down the discussion right before I just finished writing my reply to RG! Now I can't post it without being a .... :bigsmile: Seriously though, I'm not arguing just talking. I bear no one here any ill will or malice. Especially RG, he's alright, think...
  2. Verrt

I don't think it's flippant. If you or a 20yo have reduced lung capacity then you're at higher risk for mortality or permanent disability from a virus that attacks the respiratory system. Your lungs are weaker and will be able to withstand less damage than someone with less lung capacity. How...
  3. Verrt

CCM Mid 40s? 28'' wheeler

I'm no expert, but I think some bikes came with them even if they didn't come with a light. At least all the Raleigh ones I've seen are branded Raleigh.
  4. Verrt

Problem is the vulnerable includes anyone with asthma, anyone with a heart condition, anyone with high blood pressure, anyone overweight. This is America, man. That's everyone! :bigsmile: Part of protecting the vulnerable as I see it is taking precautions yourself, even if you're healthy...
  5. Verrt

Improving the Aldi bike stand

I got this stand from Aldi about four years ago, and I've seen that others here have them too. It's pretty good considering that I paid beans for it, but not without its quirks. Recently the clamp that holds the main arm and controls rotating the bike forward or back (relative to the bike...
  6. Verrt

You can see one on the Raleigh that @marius.suiram just posted in fresh finds I've seen them on a lot of old Raleighs https://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/1971-raleigh-twenty.112557/
  7. Verrt

I don't know the history, but clearly at some point there was some effort at standardization.
  8. Verrt

No, disregarding all sensible caution for Ss & Gs is. Again, I only raised issue with the characterization of anyone taking precaution as paranoid. Because it attacks the human not the issue. I intentionally didn't criticize anybody's behavior regarding lack of precaution because I didn't feel...
  9. Verrt

Sleeping Giant

Oh, I just realized. So much for slime self sealing tubes :rolleyes:
  10. Verrt

Sleeping Giant

Thanks Skip! At the rate I'm moving by the time I get it done there'll probably be a 2nd gen vaccine and we'll be able to ride together again :bigsmile:
  11. Verrt

Treasure Bucket [catch all thread]

While it has no pedigree, that Windsor is a great riding bike. Riding the 7 speed version is what got Mrs. Verrtinski into bikes.
  12. Verrt

Yep they're all light mounts From the internet, not mine
  13. Verrt

Those numbers were gathered while people were wearing masks and social distancing. They're also four months out of date. Plus it's a bad metric to use to decide precautions. Wearing a mask and social distancing is the covid equivalent of looking both ways when you cross the street. Luke 4:12...
  14. Verrt

I didn't see that you'd edited it. I hit reply when I first read it, then put my phone down and went away to so other th things and also make sure I wrote with a cool head. You must have changed it in between that and when I picked up my phone again. I appreciate the edit. Ok yeah, I was...