Recent content by willhouse

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. willhouse

ELGIN TWIN 9

Your fork ideas are awesome! Never seen them mounted like this.
  2. willhouse

Ratley -1970s Raleigh 20 Stowaway

Yip I think I may have pinched his idea! Just checked out his posts, and Ive seen some of those pics on my google searches. Looks like @Reallybigtim has the design nailed a bit more than me though. Haha, I dont think they make them that short! May have to go back to the old setup I think.
  3. willhouse

Figured out how to get the top tube level - not sure how structurally sound it will be with me on it though (105kg). There is a fair bit of flex at the spring attachment point. Maybe after Ive got actual bolts holding it together rather than a screwdriver it may come good.
  4. willhouse

Ah yip, thats Ryan right? Ive sold him a few bits in the past. Seen some of his builds too, pretty decent! I've just had a look through some of your builds too, mate they are awesome! Bit more of an update in the Ratley... I ended up using the old WD40 trick on the frame. I dont think it will...
  5. willhouse

⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ HEXtreme ⬡⬣⬡⬣⬡ --- Sexy HEXy Is DONE! - Ride (PIC HEAVY) + Walkaround VIDEO!!

Thats a pretty awesome frame (and parts). Quite jealous of what you can buy in the States!
  6. willhouse

Hey Glen, I'm in Hawkes Bay. How about yourself? Yeah parts finding can be pretty difficult. Ive got a bunch of saved searches on TradeMe, but the good / interesting stuff always goes for plenty of $$. That R20 you linked to is in good nic, but I think old mate is dreaming at that price! I paid...
  7. willhouse

Been busy the past week cleaning up the bits I'm going to use. Most of the rust is surface rust, and the parts clean up well. Its pretty satisfying taking the rust off, especially when the surface below is in pretty good nic. Hopefully I haven't cleaned parts so much they aren't ratty enough...
  8. willhouse

Hi all! First post on the forum, and first time entering the comp. I picked up a cheap and well weathered Raleigh Twenty Stowaway that I'm going to mod for this comp. Planning to go a bit lowrider on it, bent fork, banana seat, sissy bar and what ever other parts I can find! I'm in New Zealand...
Back