Recent content by xray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. xray

Bikes on bridges

New thread: bikes completely dominating bridges. That is one bad looking bike.
  2. xray

Show Me Your Worksman Trike

That is indeed a cool trike! :)
  3. xray

PS: the battery array was just something I had wanted to do since seeing someone else on YouTube do a similar project years ago when Li ioan ebike batteries were still very costly. It would be cheaper today to buy a purpose built ebike battery, but I lucked into 8 Dewalt knockoff 20V batteries...
  4. xray

I picked this gem up on CL, but it was not recognizable as the same trike shown here. It was spray painted blue, had wobbly rear wheels, 3 mismatched tires, and rusty handlebars. The frame was slightly bent, not enough to hurt anything - I consider that kind of a badge of honor dedicated to...
  5. xray

Bikes on bridges

Just finished putting this together, look for thread Show Me Your Worksman Trike
  6. xray

Ironhorse Warrior info - derailleur hanger, year, etc?

Capt Awesome - Thanks! I kept working at it and found it was derailleur hanger 77. Funny, I've found it for as little as $13 and as much as $32. I figured this bike was pre-2006, but I've found various references that don't fully match it for the exact model and year. In any event, thanks...
  7. xray

Ironhorse Warrior info - derailleur hanger, year, etc?

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can point me at some resources. I've googled to no avail. I recently obtained an Ironhorse Warrior frame - it has a Manitou fork, hydraulic disc brakes, frame serial number is 06H0000260. I'm trying to determine year and exact model. This is a full...
  8. xray

Modest build - my new Electra based tricycle

It can be hard to see black on black items, so I outlined the right rear end of the Electra frame to make it easier to discern frame from axle kit. This is where I drilled out the long tear drop shaped drop out to lower the bike frame and stretch the overall assembly slightly.
  9. xray

Okay, progress photos... Here's my trike alongside my wife's Worksman. I still have some hanging cables as I wait for the last part, the LCD controller, to arrive. Once I have that, I'll finalize the cable runs and secure the loose stuff.
  10. xray

Hey, all, I have not been around much lately - have just gotten involved in other things - but I'm working on a project that is almost done. I'll post some pix in the next couple of days. I bought a Dream Bike 7 speed tricycle conversion kit about a year ago and have been slowly working my way...
  11. xray

1962 Schwinn Typhoon double straight bars black

I've had my fun with this, and getting too many bikes in my garage. It's a black 62 Typhoon double straight bar bike in very decent restorable condition. Absolutely firm at $150 plus shipping with a very strong preference for a face to face direct hand-off rather than shipping so buyer can...
  12. xray

Help: Schwinn Stem Pinch Bolt SIZE

I appreciate the advice, but are you sure the stem uses UN rather than BSF? There seems to be no slop, seems to fit perfect. I'm not "disputing" here, I'm asking the sincere question, I'd be fascinated to know if it's UN or BSF. I actually went through charts like you're showing, trying to...
  13. xray

Rusty one... thanks. I just got my shipment of 3/8-20 BSF bolts, they thread into my old Schwinn stems and tighten down like a dream, much better than my last couple of original bolts that have some thread damage. I can't imagine that tapping the old ones would make them fail, these old...
  14. xray

Ancient thread, never answered here. I'm looking for the same info, a 10 mm 1.25 nut seems to fit the bolt but a little loose. I believe it is a actually a 3/8-20 tip bolt, which is hard as heck to find? 3/8-20 works out extremely close to M10-1.25, maybe 0.3 mm off on thread pitch over the...
Back