Recent content by Yooperman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Yooperman

Western Flyer Bomber

Adding truss rods and closing this thread. Next step bottom bracket and rear wheel. To those able to complete their bikes...congrats. To those like me, another night.
  2. Yooperman

Western Flyer Bomber

Now the fun part, building it back to a bicycle!
  3. Yooperman

Western Flyer Bomber

Painting the frame: Priming: Silver metallic: Medium blue front:
  4. Yooperman

Western Flyer Bomber

Back wheel starting to come along
  5. Yooperman

Western Flyer Bomber

Add heat and scrape time. Afterwards a wipe down in mineral spirits and ready for the rust rescue bath!
  6. Yooperman

Western Flyer Bomber

I would like to cleanup and try out the old wheels that came with. The front looks good. Clean, grease, paint, tire. The back has a bendix but sort of a mess. Rust and rubber needs stripped off. Anyone has suggestions to 60 year old glued rubber or electrical tape off? I am thinking a heat gun...
  7. Yooperman

Western Flyer Bomber

Stars and stripping for 4th this year. Now I can concentrate on my first flyer configuration. Make it a rider and features to the build later.
  8. Yooperman

FRANKENSHELBY ! - a little newer that I first thought..

Still trying to save that crank! Maybe put the crank in a donor frame and put a broken pedal in the bent arm so you can measure its trueness during the bend. Good luck with the challenge.
  9. Yooperman

Western Flyer Bomber

My years of rat rod bicycle building is starting to pay off! Still am amazed that old American hardware breaks apart to easy.
  10. Yooperman

Western Flyer Bomber

They say breaking up is hard, but the Flyer cane apart quickly. The next step is stripping it down.
  11. Yooperman

Western Flyer Bomber

Stem looks good and a keeper.
  12. Yooperman

FRANKENSHELBY ! - a little newer that I first thought..

Looking good! Can’t wait to see some fresh color.
Back