MBBO#5 previews reviews and redos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brushing the dust off this guy for this build.
IMG_6077.JPG

15 builders with a few of them doin' 2...
Who else wants to build a Muscle Bike?
Come on guys (and gals) ain't no patina here...
We call that rust on a Muscle Bike and that ain't good.

Carl.

15 builders with a few of them doin' 2...
Who else wants to build a Muscle Bike?
Come on guys (and gals) ain't no patina here...
We call that rust on a Muscle Bike and that ain't good.

Carl.
Well i want to build one but have too many unfinished builds at the moment...:doh:
Still havent finished my MBBO entry for 2014 and just started working on my BO10 entry again...
.... you life for getting in my way!:bigboss:

Hmm but i really like muscle bikes... maybe i'll chop up my previous entry and re enter.. hmmm:39:

Unless you have a headset to fit an Iverson dragstripper, I've got no chance at a class one build.
Have you asked in the wanted section? I've had great luck there. Or maybe you could converted it to threadless. I've never seen an Iverson headset, is it one of those bigger ones? You could maybe sleeve that style. Where there's a will there's a way.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Well i want to build one but have too many unfinished builds at the moment...:doh:
Still havent finished my MBBO entry for 2014 and just started working on my BO10 entry again...
.... you life for getting in my way!:bigboss:

Hmm but i really like muscle bikes... maybe i'll chop up my previous entry and re enter.. hmmm:39:
I hear ya, I'm a bachelor so I've been seen in my garage at crazy hours. I still have to combine all my years of collecting with my parents stuff. Mom is moving on with sis, and I'm moving back to the house I grew up in. Man I've got a lot of work ahead of me and I've started on the prep work in the spring, by clearing out their garage... if it works out as planned I'll have a big jam room to set up my band equipment and P.A. and an indoor shop for luther and light bike work like rims...

Carl.

Have you asked in the wanted section? I've had great luck there. Or maybe you could converted it to threadless. I've never seen an Iverson headset, is it one of those bigger ones? You could maybe sleeve that style. Where there's a will there's a way.

Carl.

Yea, it's an odd size. I've tried probably 20-30 different cups, but none fit.
The fact that I had to literally dig the frame out of the ground, like a bicycle paleontologist doesn't help much either.

I am going to build something for the Muscle Bike BuildOff, but dont know what it will be yet.

I Have a tore up aluminum 26 cantilever frame that needs dropouts, or a Jesse James West Coast chopper with a skyhawk to put on it... but still dont have the vision of whats to come yet.

Been so busy with summer life, i have been a little lax in prepping for MBBO this year.

Is a troxel mighty mite a legal seat?
Hmm, interesting question!
If it's a banana it's good.
They are sort of a banana/solo polo shape, but have no sissy bar.

Mighty mite.jpg

I have never seen one in real life to judge how they look on a bike.
They were advertised as a 'bantam banana', so I guess they qualify! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Hmm, interesting question!

They are sort of a banana/solo polo shape, but have no sissy bar.

View attachment 32313

I have never seen one in real life to judge how they look on a bike.
They were advertised as a 'bantam banana', so I guess they qualify! :thumbsup:

Luke.
I have to throw my pennies into the fountain here.

Its a polo seat with a crash rail, a polo is the grandpa of a banana. The crash rail acts as a sissy bar, because a sissy would hold it in a wheelie.

The rules justify a polo, I've never read where a sissy bar has to be there.

I'd say it fits the rules.
@LukeTheJoker, what say you?

Ok, I need to not do that. I'm not a mod... nor do I wish to be. But it does fit the rules.

I have to throw my pennies into the fountain here.

Its a polo seat with a crash rail, a polo is the grandpa of a banana. The crash rail acts as a sissy bar, because a sissy would hold it in a wheelie.

The rules justify a polo, I've never read where a sissy bar has to be there.

I'd say it fits the rules.
@LukeTheJoker, what say you?

Ok, I need to not do that. I'm not a mod... nor do I wish to be. But it does fit the rules.
I'm ok with it.

Luke.

I see it as fair, not much different in execution than the modern seat on the OCC "stingray" which has it's sissy built into it as well as a single post mount... hmm, now you got me thinking about that springer polo I've got...

Carl.

Maybe.
I was hoping to have Rebels Cause done by now, and I'm still finishing up the Indian moped.
But we'll see, I do have a theme in mind. And a title a paragraph long.
Just did a test to see if the name I have in mind if I join this build off will fit in the thread title box.
It doesn't

Unlike my original title for rELEVENt setback, I can't shorten this one. Will have to see how life goes the next week or so.

Just did a test to see if the name I have in mind if I join this build off will fit in the thread title box.
It doesn't

Unlike my original title for rELEVENt setback, I can't shorten this one. Will have to see how life goes the next week or so.
I have a 15 minute jam song that's titled "Theme from an Imaginary Love Story" that I usually shorten to T-Fails when I notate recordings...

Carl.

I have a 15 minute jam song that's titled "Theme from an Imaginary Love Story" that I usually shorten to T-Fails when I notate recordings...

Carl.

How would you shorten this?

"The Glorious Liberation of the People's Technocratic Republic of Vinnland by the Combined Forces of the United Territories of Europa"

"The Glorious Liberation of the People's Technocratic Republic of Vinnland by the Combined Forces of the United Territories of Europa"
How does Type O Negative shorten it?

Merle. :crazy:

T.G.L.O.T.P.T.R.O.V.B.T.C.F.O.T.U.T.O.E. Would work as a title, then just explain it in the first post...

Luke.

Latest posts

Back