(MBBO#05 Class 2) "What the Baryshnikov?!?"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"That was delicate but ....... fierce."
I'm partially in. Probably wont make the finish date since I have a family member on the way out. I'm hoping skating and building will take my mind off things and had fun last time I did a muscle bike
Anyhow I have a frame, 20' of 1016 DOM tubing, some square, a chain wheel, and a NOS shifter. I ordered some rims/tires tonight also.
This things been hanging on my wall for a few years and I see what needs to be done with it now. I guess it'll be class 2 since I'll be running new wheels,tires,and rear hub.
Oh well. I could care less.
Oh yeah, heres what I have on hand:
IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

You all know what a fastback frame looks like so no need for a pic of that.
BTW, if anyone has a fork for this I'm in need(NOT looking for collector prices or parts). If not, I'll just make something of my own. I already have a fork plan in my head.

Stress relief for a few minutes late at night.
IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

Had to patch the huge hole from cutting the top bar off(not the weep hole type but the forge pressed kind) got the front notched and when I can get a few spare minutes I'll notch the rear for the seat tube and finish fitting the top twin bars. Shifter plans have changed now since the nos one I had was for a 1" tube and I dont want to sacrifice it. No big deal. Have a plan figured out for a new one. Need to trim the spokes on the rear down and cut/thread some for the front, cut the steer tube on the fork down, tear down the wheels and sand and fully polish them when I have a few more minutes. Dont hold you breath though, it probably wont be anytime soon.

Can i ask how your stripping back to the green... looks like some of the screen work stayed also... looks awsome
You might want to ask
American Vintage Bicycle Supply
I got the frame from him a few years back in a trade and it was already like that.

Latest posts

Back