on the fench, help me decide.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the girl and i are on vacation, and i decided i'm gonna buy a new bike today.
theres 3 being sold locally that i'm interested in.
when i started the search i had the intention of picking up a 20" bike so i can use a set of 1970's nos uniroyal slicks i have. (1.75 for the front 2.125 for the back.)
IMG_1520_2.jpg

however i've come across an old ccm that i really like.
i can only afford one of the 3 bikes (approx-$100 each)
the first is an old 1970's lowrider. perfect for the slicks.
2807_20.jpg

the second an old eatons glider perhaps (girls muscle bike)
0979_20.jpg

and i think my fav, but no using the slicks. an old ccm.
ccm.jpg

what do you guys think, i'm so on the fence with this, i want all 3. :)

Go for the CCM, I may be wrong, but the lowrider to me looks like one of the new frames all the custom lowrider sites sell, and the girls bike to me just will never have the value.

yeah the front is a 16" i believe. i was told the lowrider was built for a 15year old boy from his fathers old bicycle, but i haven't seen it up close and personal to be sure. i am leaning towards the ccm, but i'd love to use the slicks.
if the glider was 20" front and back, i probably would have bought it already. i'm just dying to use those slicks for a custom build.

I'd get the CCM. The middle one does nothing for me. The top one's pretty cool but it looks like a repro that would be available to you later from a number of web sites.

you guys are jerks! gonna end up getting the ccm,(it is my fav) and i'm gonna have to buy a second bike for the slicks.

ya could have just told me they were all ugly and i had a few screws loose for even contemplating any of em. :D :D :D

i go for the ccm also...then just check goodwill or garage sales for a cheap 20" bike to steal the wheels from for the slicks
and that low rider is the one you can get from the lowrider site(it might be old as in from the mid 90's but thats about it)

going to go pick it up in an hour or so, i'll post some pic's when i return. :) thx guys,

that ccm has been on kijiji for 3 months now. i cant believe it didn't sell sooner. he was asking $150, but i didn't have too hard a time talkin him down.
i wanted it from the day i saw it, but have always had other projects on the go. a few times i've thought to myself "theres always that old ccm on kijiji" guess i got kinda comfortable knowing it was there.

i shall return.

well, she's all mine. muh ha ha ha ha ha ha (in a doc evil sorta lol)
IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

guess it was repainted in the 70's, but he stuck to the original paint sceme. (one owner)
the old rubber dunlop seat has seen better days, i dont imagen it will last long. theres a rip on each side and the rubbers starting to rot.
IMG_1526.jpg

it did come with an old mickey mouse bell.lol
these old ccm sprockets are pretty cool also.
IMG_1527.jpg

i'm not sure what i'm gonna do with it yet, but now its mine i have plenty of time to think about it.
its been repainted once before so thats probably where i'll start, shine up the rims/chrome and go from there.

icyuod2 said:
it did come with an old mickey mouse bell.lol

youd be surprised how much that old disney stuff can bring on ebay :shock: i tried bidding on a schwinn catalog that all the pics of the bikes were taken at disneyland, went for more money than ive ever seen a catalog go for :!: :!: :!:

hes right i was looking at bell a year or so ago and those themed ones seem to go for bigger $(just look at the ended auctions on epay)........ thats a sweet bike you got! cant wait to see what youre going to do with it :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back