(MBBO#05 Class 2) ★★★ ¡ʇdᴉɹɔs ǝɥʇ dᴉlℲ ★★★ (SOLD to finance exciting new venture!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
index.php

index.php

Luke.
:rockout: already looks way cool and fun to ride :113:

Spent a lot of time today, but it does not look like much progress.

Because there are no straight angles on this frame, there is no where to measure from to ensure everything goes together straight, so everything takes twice as long!

Started with a fire: (Thanks Kel for the firewood!)

2016-09-20 19.30.16.jpg

Tacked on the remainder of the rear panel and side pieces and then started on the lower tube that will wrap around the back of the differential and then head forward to the cranks:

2016-09-20 19.28.52.jpg

Split the lower tube to make the 2 rounded corner pieces, but then had to work out how to get them in the right place so the side panels are nice and flat, I tried tacking the frame sideways to the bench, but that meant I could only work on one side at a time... Eventually came up with the idea to tack two pieces of square tube to the frame and use them to bring the corner pieces out to:

2016-09-20 19.29.12.jpg

From there I welded in a couple of sections of steel to join them, apparently forgot to get photos of that, but then decided to do a new mock up:

2016-09-20 19.31.01.jpg

Dug some apes out of the parts pile and did another one:

2016-09-20 19.31.50.jpg

Lots of work to go making side panels and recessed areas and some other design features I want to include, and of course making some sort of mounting system for the differential and a sliding mount for the cranks to adjust the chains, but progress is happening! (Slowly)

Luke.

I hope the eventual paint scheme will follow suit.
I'm definitely seeing the same thing. Something from the "Ala-Kart" menu with a side of "Beatnik Bandit"?
How about some Passion Purple pearl micro flake with that white quilted vinyl?
:nerd:

2016-09-21 00.25.08.jpg

I'm hoping to maybe get some pinstripes on it too, but that will depend on timing and if I can find someone who does good work locally.
...Sorry Pedro.
:21: :thumbsup:

Luke.

I finally got to read through LuketheJokers entire build post and I'm just so totally impressed with the whole project, I love the theme and direction it's going. Great job Luke!

Man luke u need consider build one of those roadster top sissybar thing a magiggttys that i seen on here long time ago. They were like a sun cannopy with big rear cut outs. The thread showed ads from the late 60s ive been wanting build one but nothing had the weight width wise to carry the propotions... could totally do a C-cab roofline easy..
This thing is awsome.

Latest posts

Back