Hobbies your bike helped you get back into

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though I would start up a thread discussing other hobbies people love to take their bikes to go do. For me, it's geocaching. I've always been a fan of both, but only recently have I combined the two. A phone or tablet mount on the handlebars and I'm ready to roll. Plus, it's helped me find all kinds of great new places around town. Off the map trails, parks, secret fishing locations, great stuff all in all. So, anything that you stopped doing that your bike helped you start up again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Custom projects. I had only been writing and not building too much for years until I got back into bikes. Now I have a couple wood kayaks and a few sculptures. I kind of dropped the car hobby, though I don't know if it's only bikes that are responsible.

I like riding a bike that people don't see on the streets anymore . They usually look or ask WHY? And say You could buy a new one at Walmart! I enjoy riding slowly so that you can see things your would miss if you were in a car. We usually carry two bikes on our Motorhome or SUV. My wife also enjoys riding just because and it keeps us in pretty good shape compared to most people our age. So there is no hobby, we just like everything about it. We never looked it as any kind of financial investment, its maybe an investment in life.

Camping, fishing, and RC modeling. Shooting bb guns and compound bow too...not done the shooting in years!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, it got me back into brazing and helped me get better at that. It was also a chance to refresh my skills at metal-fabricating in general. I started welding. I honed my skills at "re-purposing" odds, ends, scrap, and junk. Oh, and I got way better at lacing rims (but it's still a pain in the butt, or should I say "pain in the fingers"). I know why bike shops charge a decent labor fee for that now, especially with the forged spokes.

Latest posts

Back