What do you listen to when you ride?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing along an iPod has become a big part of my going for a ride these days. (I ride on bike paths so hearing the traffic isn't that big a deal and I don't turn it up too loud.)

Current favorite ride music this last month;
Yo La Tengo
Pere Ubu
Pixies

i rock the ipod. sharper image closed their stores here so i got a great portable speaker system. its a cusioned case with external speakers . the ipod zips up inside it and its got a shoulder strap.

this way i can rock out and still hear cars coming.

I took apart some computer speakers and mounted them in my misfits lunchbox
hook up the ipod and annoy the locals

i built a little speaker system for my bike/ mp3 player. it doubles as a back rest.

its an old promotional ashtray, a couple tostito's salsa lids, a 2 watt weather proof speaker, and a small rudy's amplifier (built from very simple plan's on the internet)

it seems to play alot of iron maiden for some reason even though i don't listen to too much metal. :)

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

that is super cool. and i too prefer the sound of a skiplink. either that or the grind that old two speeds make :lol:

karfer67 said:
that is super cool. and i too prefer the sound of a skiplink. either that or the grind that old two speeds make :lol:
hey!!!thats was a shot at me!!!! :lol: yeah well next time i take that one it wont be making that noise again(it was just the wheel was a hair off center) :mrgreen:

James Brown, Curtis Mayfield, George Clinton, Rolling Stones, Joe Satriani, Montrose, I could go on but you probably get the idea. If it rocks soulfully, I like it! 8) Later & PEACE!!!

That Firestone sub kicks but!! And I just had "best of the Beast" in my Town Car the other day, Static-X yesterday in the truck. As many times as I've contemplated tunes on a bike, I always end up just tossing the idea. By myself, a ride is a mental flush, relax ya know :) So in the morning, I listen to my light-gen's whirr. During the day, the wind in my ears, sometimes it bugs me thoo...

too dangerous in Atlanta to ride with headphones.
cars will hit you for fun here. gotta be alert!

bigredddaddy said:
That Firestone sub kicks but!!
cost me all of about $10 to build but i already had the ashtray.

the plans for the amp itself where found here.
http://www.runoffgroove.com/ruby.html

its easy/cheap to build, and has a decent sound/volume. if you can solder your good to go. its also very small making it easy to conceal.
ruby-comp.jpg

i found 2watt water proof speakers at circuit city.
i built a few of these amps in soup cans so we could play electric guitar/bass around the campfire. the bike sterio concept came later. :)

Murder City Devils, The Cramps, Misfits, and with my new bike lots of Supersuckers and Reverend Horton Heat

blsm said:
Murder City Devils, The Cramps, Misfits, and with my new bike lots of Supersuckers and Reverend Horton Heat

The guy who trims my trees ( both of 'em ) is friends with "Horton". Says he's a really nice guy.

Latest posts

Back