(MBBO#05 Class 2) GET SMART!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you ever want to get rid of the baseplate , here is a idea i did a while back:wink1:
Lowest%20longboard%20Drop%20baseplate_zpsvizglmgo.jpg

i think this will look and work best :113:
Me too. The more I think about it with the rigid mounted wheel, it would be like trying to steer a bike with the front wheel locked straight. Leaning it would not make it turn.
Loving the wheelie bar R&D on this.
It's more like D&R. 'Do it and then Re-do it'!:21:
if you ever want to get rid of the baseplate , here is a idea i did a while back:wink1:
Lowest%20longboard%20Drop%20baseplate_zpsvizglmgo.jpg
I like that! Too late for mine though, I've already made a mount for the baseplate today.
Looking forward to seeing that paint on it!
Wheelie bar R&D is awesome, will we see a TRM wheelie bar kit for sale at some point?

Luke.
I'm looking forward to getting it painted too! No TRM wheelie bar kits, everything from the frame to the chair parts is very specific to this bike only.

I stopped in at my not so local bike shop and found what I was hoping for with the front tire! It's a Kenda Kwest 20x1.50. The tread is not the same but it's definitely from the same design style. It's amazing to me that these are both 20" tires!
101_2101.JPG

101_2098.JPG

The new tire size is just what I had envisioned! As I said before, it's hard to believe that the front and rear are both 20" wheels.

I also decided to use a longer fork from a 26" Mt. bike. It really changes the look of the bike and gives it more of an up-sized muscle bike feel. The steering is virtually the same as before. If it is different, I can't detect it.

101_2131.jpg

Fits scale for grow rider... Very nice w the new forks... Didn't think it needed anything and then I make it better still.. right on.
I like it with the stem more balanced to headtube size.. looks like it could tuck if wanted. Old forks looks like needed add long stem...

I like this idea. Keep the long fork but shorten the stem.

Latest posts

Back