Street Rod Hawthorne (Which tires look best?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say put those all black bricks on it that you have hanging in the garage. I think black is the only way to go.

I like it with the red tires, but I've seen some of them after they've been ridden a while, and the tread gets a little off color, then they don't look as good. That may just have been the guy who had them not keepin' his stuff up though.

I built an old/new bike, and mine has whitewalls. I REALLY like the blue/grey - very classic - 50s - cool. :mrgreen:

Nice work. Will you post some photos after you route the cable? I would like to see where/how you do it. I have a two speed kickback on my project, and have a 7 speed Nexus sitting here too. I like the multiple speed/no cable look, but it may be worth it in the end.

Thanks for posting that really nice ride!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

I love the multi speed , but am not really crazy about the cable. You can grab a shorter cable you have laying around and measure how much it sticks out of the end and put that little screw clamp on really easy. Then use the Hooch method of hooking it up right under your seat. He put his on the seatpost or the clamp . It looks like its still easy to change gears and really out of the way.

Thanks for all your help guys. I put the white walls back on & also a new set of handle bars. I'll post pics as soon as I get the chain guard painted & get it all shined up.

Red, it gives the bike a real nostalgic look with the heavy 120 guage spoked rims, plus the color offset really catches the eye, enhh whities are ok....fer the wifes bike, leave the bricks on, it make the old fella look "TUFF!!"

MercuryMan

Latest posts

Back