Stelber Survivor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

Brought home this 24 inch Stelber today. Took the tank off for another bike and felt bad. I put it back on. Its been together way too long to get parted out now. I need to find the right place to hang it. Its a survivor

If anyone knows anything about these, when and where made?, please let me know. The frame is unusual

The fork crown looks like Ross also, but they were made in Europe and sold by Sears and others in the 50's and 60's from what I've read. I also read the quality wasn't top drawer, there's no bearings in the cranks, just bushings from what I've read.

I'd be tempted to get the chain guard before it goes to the flower garden, it looks like it'll fit bigger bikes.

I was thinking about the chainguard, tank, and front rack but then its been together for so long like this, I have a few other bike projects in line right now that can use them so depending on how they come out. Im presently blending two other old rusty bikes together in to one and am noticing differences in patina. Im now finding myself trying to match rust patterns to make old bikes look like they have been together since new. Im also noticing many different rear hubs. I thought there was only two or three designs that I remember but now ive seen at least ten different sets of guts when i open them to clean and repack

Latest posts

Back