'THE GUNSLINGER'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkme

𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞.𝐧𝐮𝐭
Reaction score
Well,I'm starting a scratch build,and boy do I have a lot of scratching to do.
This was the bike I want to build for the last 3 summer build offs, but kept changing my mind,and still am constantly.
Had it all sorted 2 years ago,but my pc crashed and I lost everything. So I had to re-invent the bike in my mind.
Then in may I was already to go,but had changed the whole concept completely,as the idea was to make it for work.(gears etc)
I stood back and looked at it,and it seemed to resemble one of RM's bikes.
I was like no,no,no that's not what I wanted. but work piled on and nothing.
Now I have changed the bike back, but with a twist.
The original name was suppose to be Renegade Outlaw now it's 'The Gunslinger'
It will have disk brakes and gears(original was suppose to be one speed or 3 with coaster brakes)
With a added extra twist here and there.
So here is the frame,a old Boss Dominator(dumpster dive complete bike) full suspension MTB, converted to a renegade cruiser.
15822094_10154424896129811_1987144036_n.jpg
A pic of what it would have looked like in its hey day.Boss-Dominator-Side-On-e1411029771491 (1).jpg
The frame will have a major facelift with extra weld ons.

Not sure on color choices or graphics. I have black- black white walled and grey white walled tires(depends what fit on the rims)

1: cream/brown/gold frame rims with something like this.
s-l1600 - Copy - Copy.jpg

OR I can go with a black frame with brown/gold trims.
With this but take out the red,replace with gold and brown?
My summer build will be black,silver and gold,so ?
logo - Copy (5).jpg

Or I guess I could go the traditional red/black/white with brown seat and grips.... MMMMM ?

Watching as you shape this with your imagination and tools Funk! Gunslinger....how 'wild west' of you.
The idea was to go with my avatar originally. But as I decided to add gears and I needed a shifter idea.I looked on my shelf(and NO elf)but I had a kids cap pistol,that I found here,when I moved in. So flashbang. gunshifter(yes it has been done before). I know. But it sort of started to pull together.
Now I am a women and well we do like to change our minds,so, maybe who knows renegade outlaw could come back. lol
psst. I also have been seeing a lot of cassidy bikes all over the internet. So might be a new fad,making a hoof start.

Been missing Funk in these build-off's lately!
Looking forward to watching the build!

Still set up for working under that big tree with the horse and dog watching on?

Been missing Funk in these build-off's lately!
Looking forward to watching the build!

Still set up for working under that big tree with the horse and dog watching on?
Yeah! I was a bit burnt out .Had a lot of ideas but no mojo. This year I started working for a cycling tour company,and started to get energy back. Now we ride MTBs as we have hills. So I am now using gears again. But we had a idea to do a singlespeed ride where we can ride,learn history and walk.A retro ride. The one thing I found with gears and people who cant ride,is they get confused with changing.

yep still under the tree,but in cased inside a dog cage 3x3. Feeling enclosed,but it is easy to stick a roof on temp while the weather is bad. I want to make a half workshop,just to block the wind and rain. And to stop the mulberries dropping down.

ha,ha. not at all RM. It was more like a complete 180 of where my original design started and where it sort of ended up,as it became more light,with gears etc. It was like a bobber that turned into a road bike...

Yep still under the tree,but in cased inside a dog cage 3x3. Feeling enclosed,but it is easy to stick a roof on temp while the weather is bad. I want to make a half workshop,just to block the wind and rain. And to stop the mulberries dropping down.
Did you see the half workshop I built in my carport? Works well for stopping the weather:

workbench7.jpg

Cold here 13F today... wish I had a shop. My garage has been converted to a temporary cabinet shop!
KIMG0332.JPG

half of my space issue is probably the dozen bikes hanging around in there, and there's a dozen more at my other garage crosstown.

Hey BTW, cool build plan. :crazy:

Carl

So managed to do a ruff design of where I am going with this.
1. I need to widen the rear end and make it longer.
2. Extend the front stem so that I can fit the girder forks on.
3. Cut some extra bars off and weld and shape a nice humpy top bar
4. Remove the shock to a different position,and double up.
5. Make a seat and grips.
6. Attempt at making a fiberglass tank.
7. Lights front and rear.
8. A shifter
9.Mount disk brakes to the front forks.

I believe I will be going with black as the base color.
And will decide if I go with the typical hot rod colors(red/white/black) or Brown and gold on black.
Any input on that is welcome.
Boss-Dominator-Side-On-e1411029771491 (2).jpg

I like brown and gold, has a vintage feel.
My summer build will be black/gold and silver or I could swap out the silver for brown? Lots of thinking to do.

I like how she has a mix of modern/vintage look to her,
something different is always good!
Trying to work with these type of frames,as they are a dime a dozen. Cheap and trashy.e all don't live in the USA where frames come in shapes and sizes.;)

The brown and gold on black would have a nice 'wild west saloon' flair to it. Of course, you'd need garter to ride it....:wondering: :bigsmile:

Cool plan and design layout. Just curious, I'm sure your location is pretty temperate year 'round? Being on the ocean and all. Still like to get to Greece some day. Sister-in-law and nephew went a couple years ago and loved it.

Latest posts

Back