Cold Steel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since I have a yard full of cool parts , I think why not shed the cabin fever and join in the Winter build off !
I have no plan at all as what might come out of the pile yet , maybe another Iver ???
100_1988.JPG
100_1988.JPG
100_1989.JPG
100_1991.JPG
As you can see I have plenty of frame choices so here we go!:cool2::cool2:

Welcome to the fun! Looks like your stuff's got a bit of 'frosting' on it.....birthday cake explode?!
:grin:

That's quite a pile; looking forward to seeing how you thin it out. You might want to think about selling me that green Shelby on the far right in the white rack.:thumbsup:

Welcome to the fun! Looks like your stuff's got a bit of 'frosting' on it.....birthday cake explode?!
:grin:
Yep, a bit too much powder in the New Years candles ... now I can't have my cake or eat it to.
:(
Took a good look at the Iver frame and found some issues, its a bit bent and the crank is seized
and those parts are a bit hard to come by.
I have started the PB Blaster drenching since I'm out of kroil at the moment, just like the last Iver if I can make the crank work I'll continue on with that frame.
Mark

"I have no plan at all as what might come out of the pile yet"
I do frost bite.:grin: Brrrrrr.
Bike of many colors.

Crank up the wood stove & warm up the cold steel . Looks like you have a nice stash pile under the ice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100_1994.JPG
100_1995.JPG
So what a page three slacker I've been:speechless:
For now I've given up on the Iver and since the lake in my backyard has receded I dug out this Shelby Supreme Motorbike, we'll see what becomes of it through the next couple weeks. It too has some issues yet should be a bit less difficult to find parts to work on it from the pile and only minor repairs needed on the frame !
Mark

View attachment 43979 View attachment 43980 So what a page three slacker I've been:speechless:
For now I've given up on the Iver and since the lake in my backyard has receded I dug out this Shelby Supreme Motorbike, we'll see what becomes of it through the next couple weeks. It too has some issues yet should be a bit less difficult to find parts to work on it from the pile and only minor repairs needed on the frame !
Mark
dagnabit that's a cool frame Mark! I could see you working some magic on this with some new / modern parts mixed in....maybe another calendar klunker in the works..?! :wink1::nod:

dagnabit that's a cool frame Mark! I could see you working some magic on this with some new / modern parts mixed in....maybe another calendar klunker in the works..?! :wink1::nod:

Only time will tell OJ though I'm not sure how much tire I can fit between the stays or the fork for that matter as it appears to have had 28" wheels originally. Might have to hunt through the pile for some 700c wheels ...not many of those in my pile so might have to track down a donor or just see what I can stuff in their in a 26.
Mark

You know what might be cool? Like, a vintage adventure bike or cyclocross set up. 700c wheels and tires, maybe some cx knobbies, some vintage bars flipped for a mustache bar, wide drops set up....

Latest posts

Back