My ratty ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'll take some better pics soon, but here's something. http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/FatLarrys/ Should also put some older pics there, to see how it has progressed.

Frame is a modified 60's tunturi (a finnish brand) ladies bike, with original front 26' wheel and fork. Rear sports a 28' 3-speed in these pictures, now a one speed 28'. Carrier is coffinshaped own design. Other parts are just a bunch of junkparts from other bikes. Though there is not much ground clearance, this is really my daily ride. I ride it at least 70 kilometres a week, and in a half year my second pedals are already worn out. :roll: Got to get new ones soon.

here is yo pics for ya...
IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

Thanks, my back is fine. :lol: Actually it's very comfortable to ride, which people don't somehow believe. Here's finally the first version, and version of today. Yes, these are not good too, but better.
IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

Ok, this bike doesn't exist anymore. I cut the frame to pieces, and took everything useful from it.

From now on, my daily ride is this.
IMG_1019.jpg

The frame is again highly modified, but now it's straight! :mrgreen: Originally it was a swedish army bike made by Monark. (I guess Monark hasn't anything to do with Monarch?) It's propably made in the 40's, but I'm not sure for that so I just say that it's very old.

This zycle needs still a new fork and some pinstriping. Of course I'm going to do both by myself. I'm a very bad pinstriper, but I hope my rough lines will with in the rough style. :lol:

Latest posts

Back