Rockafella - 1953 Ruff Firestone Super Cruiser - Completed Ride Video +MajorAward+RollingStoneCover

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Lord......that thing is sick. I feel silly with my little Spaceliner build when you guys come up with ideas like this. Kudos....no, seriously, KUDOS.

I have seen a lot of these built up but i dont ever recall seeing one with the mix of vintage and new parts to this extent , and your not making it easy on every one with this build off . i can see the gloves are off !!

Thanks man, I've had the idea of mixing old and new on this frame ever since I bought it a couple of years ago. When the sale of the ladies Firestone fell through, I decided to keep the fenders and parts and it grew from there. I was planning on a simpler build for BO12, but I was inspired by the bike friends I met up with in Manila, Philippines and decided to make time for a cooler build. This one is gonna be fun.

Good Lord......that thing is sick. I feel silly with my little Spaceliner build when you guys come up with ideas like this. Kudos....no, seriously, KUDOS.

Thanks man, but Hawkliner is easily worthy of this or any build off. I love how that one is turning out. I would ride the tires off of that anyday!

The ladies tank doesn't match the curve enough to use it in much any way other than wrapping the top tube with it.

It looks great like that....wasn't expecting such a rad build with the late start....really cool.

As well as the X53 tank fits and looks, it's not for this build.

Firestone tank is perfect for the build...but..since you teased us with the pic of it on the frame it would be interesting to see if it's handy next time you're playing mockups...just a pic for shenanigans sake.

Nothing new to post for Rockafella, but take a look at the progress @pvwacko has made on Nanner Puddin (Screamer XXL). I can't wait to pick this up this weekend.

19059483_466412210366735_9151024079986481105_n.jpg
19224771_466412213700068_2050967578728815662_n.jpg

Paint will be nanner puddin yellow I presume?
(with a Chiquita blue guard...)
Merle. :crazy:

Any respectable Southern nanner puddin has to have Nilla wafers, so maybe it will be a fade paint job from nanner yeller to nilla tan. :)

More mockups. Gonna use a Monark chainring with a dogleg. Also I decided to test out this cool seat that I picked up last year.

20170616_200954.jpg
20170616_201006.jpg
20170616_201014.jpg
20170616_201028.jpg
20170616_201049.jpg
20170616_201108.jpg

Red White and Gumby

this thing just keeps gettin cooler :cool2:

HEY B!! FOR SOMEONE WHO STARTED A MONTH LATE YOU'VE PUT TOGETHER A WICKED PIECE OF MACHINERY. I'M DIGGING THAT SEAT. YBJ2B! PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

King,
I love that seat, but I'm on the fence for it on THIS bike......

While it's quirky and cool, it kinda distracts from the bike for me.

This build has a definite 'chopper' or 'bobber' vibe going on for me.

With forward pedal position, I see something low slung and wide. Something you would 'sit down' in....
I could see a nice weathered dark brown bike saddle or bolt a bicycle undercarriage to a motorcycle pan like:
d0d55032d27e258bd67fca4cf5452640.jpg

Just thinkin' and typin' out loud....... [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the seat. Tweak the alignment of the chain guard. (I know it's a mock-up) but it's looking good. Is there any adjustment on the guard to be able to slide back a bit?

Carl.

Latest posts

Back