I'm entering my Abteilung Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this was Number 18 the pink or bubble gum one above
So same frame. Anything you do with her will be a improvement.

While I actually like the pink bubble gum and even the sticker bomb, I think you should do your own thing with this frame. I'm looking forward to what you come up with for paint and such! Sweet frame and forks!!!

d4ea58d93251a746e2fe9a4e6764589e.jpg
LEAVE IT LIKE THAT AND GTB! PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

this was Number 18 the pink or bubble gum one above

Kind of cool someone was riding that same bike around in Switzerland. Looks like they used all the stickers to try and cover the pink...:p

Silver would be cool.....something sparkly..that copper-tonish one looks pretty good.

You and kingfish and Smoopy's really got me looking at these kinds of bikes. Are they called stretch cruisers?

Isn't the style called 'stickerdump'? I've seen it on cars over here also.. Maybe it's a European thing., not sure about that... Either you love it or you hate it [emoji16]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Isn't the style called 'stickerdump'? I've seen it on cars over here also.. Maybe it's a European thing., not sure about that... Either you love it or you hate it [emoji16]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
In the states it's usually called "sticker bomb".
I've only seen it on a couple cars, but alot of skate boards and long boards.

Well my wheels where in powder coat for a week and another week at the dippers to get the carbon look done . Apparently they where not able to cleanly dip the wheels and I gave them a test wheel to play with and since they couldn't do half at a time with out making it look good they tapped out .
As of now I order 3m wrap in carbon but I have no idea if it will work but this set me back already three weeks as I'm waiting for the wrap material [emoji34]
80ac82f67eec162457186ccd2028ef4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the carbon wrap came in the test section went well but when i tried the full wheel wrap it was a disaster.
The carbon would rip as I got half way around so I started over this time using some heat to soften up the material . It was working during it developed a bunched effect . So in sets of wasting more material I cut it in half .
So much for a single wrap [emoji20]
While it's in the sun I decided to clear a test piece to see how that looks .
4979c6dc428b0ecb1a9ca0734e95bfda.jpg
673126510eb0df302ff52e80ecd2284c.jpg
888a754e27334a6c511f5f1b1c288996.jpg
51974fb1e13ea56bc20529cfd5fb0cae.jpg

I have done carbon wrap on harley fenders and tanks before, I just used thin carbon e-cloth and West Systems epoxy over flat black epoxy paint, had a real cool texture to it. One guy wanted it shiny so I cleared and and sanded it for him till it was smooth.. I'll try to dig up some pics..

Cool frame what a stance not to sure about the pink there are soooo many other powder coat colors . I have a friend and can fix that for ya
f0d21e7374526999b7aec8aedd089cc6.jpg

I had to get my bike done

I like the carbon wheels. Glad you got the kinks worked out of the wrap.

Nahh Sorry Guys and Gals I been tied up with other things , i bought a media blaster to start doing my own parts I was spending 35 to 50 bucks on small parts here and there and i just got tired of it so i bought a Barrel Blaster , and i discovered my compressor is not big enough for it so i'm hunting down a new one as we speak and its going to be a chunk of change . I needed to up grade anyway so its the excuse i needed .
I could build the bike cheaply and slap it together but that is something id rather not do . It deserves better and so does the forum .

Sad to hear that man!!! Keep us updated when you do get this build going again though.
That is such a killer frame. I know you are gonna do it justice.

Latest posts

Back