Ebay Key Words whats the best?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Searching for another bike, i just missed a wicked one that sold for silly money that could of been a really good base dor a RATROD bike that was total practical. (Item number: 250295196750) £6 GBP thats like $12... I use atm

Custom Bicycle

Ratrod bike

Chopper Bicycle

Vintage Bicycle

Old Bicycle

Lowrider Bicycle

Cruiser Bicycle

Does anyone else have any search key words that work well?

Thanks

Joel

I can't give you my secret searches but here's a hint.

"The average american can't spell very well"

also, once you locate a bike you like, then search
using the brand name, that will really narrow things
down for you and remember, people make common
spelling errors.

all those keywords are about the best you can do.
but when you search these things organize the search to the nearest from you first.
than if you see something cool you want that is in yer town(or within 10 to 20 miles) contact the seller and ask if you can pick up the bike/part in person and pay cash to avoid the shipping fee and time.
shipping sucks!
most ebay sellers pump up the S&H to put a couple extra bucks in their pockets to make up for the listing fees.

i was watchin' some forks once that was maybe 3 miles from my house. i asked the guy if i could pick them up in person w/ cash. he told me as soon as i paypalled him the winning amount + the 30 shipping i could pick them up.
i suggested a place he could put those forks.

although some sellers are pretty cool about a cash pickup.

Oh man, FORGET using "key words" if you really don't want to miss anything :wink: . To REALLY be a hard core Ebay addict, simply find the categories that people list bikes in (Collectibles/transportation/bicycles.....Sporting Goods/outdoors/cycling.....antiques...etc) and watch those......COMPLETELY.....EVERY DAY.... :shock: :roll: :wink:

Oh, yeah....and to make sure you don't miss a REALLY good "buy it now" deal, specify "Newly listed" in the organization.......

.....but don't forget to check "Ending soonest" every day in caase someone slipped in a short sale, etc.

"Hello, my name is Brad, and I am a ratoholic"........

:mrgreen:

ArtGeco said:
I can't give you my secret searches but here's a hint.

"The average american can't spell very well"

also, once you locate a bike you like, then search
using the brand name, that will really narrow things
down for you and remember, people make common
spelling errors.

this is a great point, ive found many things bicycle and automotive related.

including an original, flawless chrome plated hollywood wolf whistle that now lives on my caddy..

vintage bicycles, antique bicycles and old bicycles THEN search vintage bikes and so on and yea a few people cant seem to spell schwinn correctly. But what i do is just search bicycle and everything seems to come up.

I've got several categories that I look at. It's pretty simple to get what I want, the complicated part is getting rid of all the extraneous crap. Excluding different motorcycle brands is a big part of it.

Latest posts

Back