• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 47' Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Same old story, need to recoup money, need to make room. Bought 2 bikes recently. Was a little rough when I got it, but it cleaned up nicely. Pretty sure it's a 47'. I added the guard and had no light or rack when I got it. Asking 450$ shipped. Rides pretty good. Always willing to negotiate. Will be carefully packed by me and shipped through Bikeflights from Louisiana, 70525. Here's the original sale thread when I got it. http://thecabe.com/forum/posts/548223/

IMG_1938.JPG
IMG_1939.JPG

Pedals cleaned up pretty nice. Right side of crank was rubbing frame when I got it, I bent it back so it clears now. Scratched the frame a bit, but nothing to write home about. Thought I'd mention it.
IMG_1940.JPG

Fender braces were tweaked every which way. Had to drill out rivets. The upper rear fender brace was changed out. The end that attached to the axle was torn.
IMG_1941.JPG
IMG_1943.JPG

Beast of a kickstand.
IMG_1944.JPG
IMG_1945.JPG
IMG_1946.JPG

Tank's not too bad. I worked on the horn for 2 days and never could get it to sound. Cleaned all contacts, nothing. Button does move up and down.
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG
IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG

Decent All-States.
IMG_1952.JPG
IMG_1953.JPG
IMG_1954.JPG
IMG_1955.JPG

Last edited:
WOW! That is a beautiful ride!!!