Any Ideas On Where To Find Cool 20x2.125 Muscle Bike Tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a few Muscle bikes that need some cool tires, just can't seem to find anything that's not either a Duro Slick (I dislike those, there to small, as in there not really 20x2.125) Or $100 plus NOS tires from the 60s.

Any help is appreciated :D.

I always thought the odessey chase hawk would make a great muscle bike tire but it looks like it's discontinued?

Bikeworldusa.com electra hotster 20x2.125 Very nice tire [emoji106] 13.99 plus free shipping right now
2c348d931400ea9c72fd3e95a0430a94.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

If you want a fat slick/semi-slick with cool details, it is tough to beat the BMX world for that kinda thing. Personally, I think the Cult Vans tires, with their inverted tread and available colour options (red-line w/whitewall, checkerboard stripes, in gum, black, or puke green colourways) would make some rad musclebike tires; last I heard, Smoopy´s could hook you up with those... not sure what you´d run up front, if you´re the matchy-matchy type.... but i don´t think the musclebike world is big into the matchy-matchy thing...

vans-tires-20-26_grande.jpg

I got a set of 26"with black tread, redlines, and whitewall.... they look incredibly delicious.

I looked for a new slick tire a year or so ago as I was building a bike in the Philippines. I still can't find any new slicks that are like the ones from the 60's. I had to settle for a tractor type tread to find a wide tire that looked like a slick.
39388_e3ab9a6c0e7c519023f42c0ec2db76c3 - Copy.jpg

I wonder why one of the tire companies doesn't make them, I know it would sell.

Ie got some Schwalbe 26 with barely any tread, and some 700x45c Spesh tires that are truly slick/bald/etc.... doesn´t mean the regs don´t exist, but some companies have gotten away with flouting the regs a bit. Somebody oughta try it with 20, though. :grin:

In the meantime, those Wise/Alula tires that @Smoopy's posted look the part, with that minimalist but awesome tread, and the white letters on the sidewall. I always thought the Tioga Powerblocks had muscle-y good looks, for similar reasons.
tioga_power_block_tire.jpg

Available in sizes.... 20 x 1.4, 1.6, 1.75, and 2.1... as well as 24"and 26"versions
1465368144-1.jpg

Tioga also makes a front-specific tire called the PowerBand, with similar aesthetics but i think it´s a little bit slicker...

I looked for a new slick tire a year or so ago as I was building a bike in the Philippines. I still can't find any new slicks that are like the ones from the 60's. I had to settle for a tractor type tread to find a wide tire that looked like a slick.
View attachment 59355

I wonder why one of the tire companies doesn't make them, I know it would sell.

Ya I decided to order one of these Gripper Slicks of feeBay. I have two bikes that need tires so I love to try one of the BMX Slicks as well.
s-l1600.jpg

Check out Cult Dehart, Cult Vans, and Fit FAF. All are new school bmx tires, they dont have the squared off look of an old slick but are available in 2.0 - 2.4 with colors, or colored sidewalls.
New high pressure high performance tire.

Ive got a duro slick, looks ok, looks small, not a great tire.

Cult dehart
cult-dehart-slick-tire-01.jpg

Cult Vans
vans-tires-20-26_grande.jpg

Fit FAF
fit_faf_bmx_tyres_2.25_blk.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back