Late 40s early 50s western flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pretty sweet WF that has a couple coats of crappy paint in it. I think it would make a nice rat or restoration. I am swamped with projects but in need of parts to finish projects. If anyone is interested let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1605.JPG
    IMG_1605.JPG
    944.9 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1606.JPG
    IMG_1606.JPG
    822.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1607.JPG
    IMG_1607.JPG
    521 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    696 KB · Views: 274
Looks like early post war clev welding? Mostly these are what l find as we had ward's and western auto stores here from the 20s - 30s until the 70s and a lot of their frames had the cwc curved chain stays. My pre war cwc frames have ears on the dropouts for a wheel stand while the early post war frames are missing the ears. Yours has no ears so I am guessing it's early post war. All my clev. Welding bikes with frames similar to yours are skip tooth. All a guess as I am no expert.

Super cool find !

Nice Western flyer Comet, I have a complete one that I plan on redoing one day. Mines a 24 inch, not sure if they made both 24 and 26 inch versions

This is a pretty sweet WF that has a couple coats of crappy paint in it. I think it would make a nice rat or restoration. I am swamped with projects but in need of parts to finish projects. If anyone is interested let me know.

Size and price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am no expert on pre-war bikes, but that may be a Huffman-built Western Flyer. Notice that three-gill tank!

Latest posts

Back