• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Super Sonic rat rod! Now parting out !! Take $10.00 off of marked prices!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
This was one of my build off bikes. It is a Schwinn American frame and fork modified to mold a Shelby long nose springer into it. The springer works great as it was intended to. I will probably parr this bike out, due to the sum of the parts being greater than the value of the bike. I am asking $500.00 shipped for this cool rat.
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG

At my asking price, you get everything shown. The delta Jet Rocket light is the top only, the rest is a cheap chrome torpedo light bottom with a modified lens. As you can see, it works great.
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0449.JPG

The rear light, mounted to the rack looks like jet boosters when lit.
IMG_0451.JPG

The Thunderjet tank, starjet head badge, vintage chrome 3 speed wheel set, round out the features.

Man, this is soooooooooooooo tempting.

Super cool bike ! Could you tell me what bike the chain guard came from ? I found a bike recently that has that same guard and I don't know what it is.

Those chain guards were on Western Flyers that were built by Murray. I think the Murray Mercury and some other models had this guard for a few years too. The graphics not original.

Very sick bike will some coool parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This bike is loaded with enough doodadery hotness to justify the price alone!!!

I think that I will start listing some parts and see where this goes.
First.

A very nice Shimano 3CC three speed wheel set. The chrome is really good on these hoops! The 26x 2.125 redwall tires, tubes, stem shifter are all included ---SOLD!

Second. --- SOLD SOLD!!
The Schwinn/Shelby springer fork assembly (horn and bracket will be removed. The headtube is Schwinn 21.1 so a schwinn or comparably stem will be required. Chrome is pretty nice for the age on the Shelby part.

Third.
My custom painted chain guard. I think that it is cool enough to be worth $65.00 shipped. Dropped to $45.00 !!

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    307.2 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Next, the Delta Jet Rocket light (top) mounted to cheap chrome base and mechanism with a double clamp mount.--- SOLD!

The (made in Japan) spaceship horn with bracket or the Star chain ring, $35.00 shipped for either item. Chain ring - SOLD!!

The jeweled pedal set -------SOLD!!

57 chevy hood ornament mirror $20.00 - SOLD!

I just priced the frame----- SOLD

Schwinn American rear rack with custom cutout side panels-----SOLD SOLD!!

Last edited:
message sent

YES, take $10.00 off of the marked price on remaining parts. Next weekend, I will close this ad and put the remaining parts in my parts bins.

The seat and the seat post have both sold now.

Latest posts

Back