1967 Schwinn Fastback (Class 1): Completed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't take tear down pics, which was a mistake since I've never torn down a Schwinn derailleur. I've torn down a lot of Shimanos, but...

Anyway, I had this:

IcWd2m.jpg

to this:

OPAw4j.jpg

Last edited:
I use Modern headliner material for all my seats, very similar in weight and thickness. Plus has a added layer of material to help keep it from breaking down.

I use Modern headliner material for all my seats, very similar in weight and thickness. Plus has a added layer of material to help keep it from breaking down.

Why didn't I think of that?! I typically cut panels from a cast-off couch, but headliner yanked from a wrecking yard SUV would probably set a builder up for life. Lotsa colors, too.

lookin good :) . as always.

Late response on the seat glue, but I always use contact cement. coat both pieces, let tack up and it grabs quick, still need clamps to keep from moving though.
Have only done a few nanner seats so far, but done dozens of kitchen type chairs that way when I was in the upholstery business.

I don't want to bore you with a lot of polishing pictures, but I got a lot done tonight. Something that was bugging me was the underside of the rear fender. After the de-rust soak, some residue was left over, and the fender braces didn't look at all like... well... they looked like crap.

CcE2On.jpg

6H5drm.jpg

In order to clean it properly, I drilled out the rivet, then went to work. When it was all done, I used a fender screw to put it back together.

DDYrjj.jpg

I don't want to bore you with a lot of polishing pictures, but I got a lot done tonight. Something that was bugging me was the underside of the rear fender. After the de-rust soak, some residue was left over, and the fender braces didn't look at all like... well... they looked like crap. In order to clean it properly, I drilled out the rivet, then went to work. When it was all done, I used a fender screw to put it back together.

Looks good. It's a lot easier to just throw the fenders away though. ;) :grin:

The color or the tragic chip? It sure looks like translucent Schwinn Violet to me! You could have bought the licensed Schwinn base 1/2 pint for 69.95 and the 1/2 pint of Violet for 69.95 x 2. So you saved money! Almost like it's free..... haha

Latest posts

Back