My first skiptooth!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Picked this up this week from fellow member @rrtbike (dude you're a rockstar). After its refrigerated 1200 mile drive home am stoked at it. Super cool farm welded tandem. I don' know if any of it is original and am posting to see if anyone can help me.

It's got a Hiawatha headbadge and chainguard. Obviously a straightbar frame but not sure if anyone can approximate year, let me know where or what to look for and if the forks and fenders look like they may be from the bike?
20170923_173344.jpg
20170923_173357.jpg
20170923_173418.jpg
20170923_173410.jpg
20170923_173452.jpg

Great find. that's how it starts, but likely not your last:cool2:. I'm no expert, but looks like maybe a Cleveland welding frame. also looks like you may be able to do a Siamese twin separation surgery if you want a single. have fun either way, and post pics of your progress...

The rear frame is for sure CWC made, Maybe the front too, but I can't tell from the pics. Check the serial numbers under each crank. I'm guessing late 40's early 50's. Look for a small Cw after a set of numbers when you check.
c80fb14051cf5411038aa7fbea7b7cd7.jpg

Great find. that's how it starts, but likely not your last:cool2:. I'm no expert, but looks like maybe a Cleveland welding frame. also looks like you may be able to do a Siamese twin separation surgery if you want a single. have fun either way, and post pics of your progress...

Probably will cut her back to her original glory, in time. You will be sure I will post some updates when it's her turn!

The rear frame is for sure CWC made, Maybe the front too, but I can't tell from the pics. Check the serial numbers under each crank. I'm guessing late 40's early 50's. Look for a small Cw after a set of numbers when you check.
Thanks Wildcat! I looked at the bottom but didn't see a Cw. Serial # is C32599. Once I get her out again I will strip the paint and get a pic.

20170925_092350.jpg
Interesting pair of shoes, angry birds?
After a closer look, I think they are stinky poo shoes:giggle:

Heck no to Angry birds, rather like Sprocket guess, emoji poop lol. I call em my DooDoo shoes. Comfy Vans slip on copy with emoji DooDoo. I actually rock them and they are fun to wear! Besides, $3 at Walmart!

Just as a note: i will be passing on the two extra sprockets and any extra chain length when the operation happens. So if you are interested, let me know.

Just as a note: i will be passing on the two extra sprockets and any extra chain length when the operation happens. So if you are interested, let me know.

Thank you , I'll take them , Convo. Me when ready.

Rafael

looks 46-7ish with the shallow curve in the downtube

Latest posts

Back