H8 Ball

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was planning to refresh the old H8 Ball Westfield anyway when I saw the WBO on the Bookface
Started last week, but gonna post it here anyway, ....
Before
bikeride002_zpsff2af356.jpg

One of the coolest front ends ever :thumbsup:

We're all pretty cool with guys disassembling bikes ahead of the start date, as long as you didn't "Build" it yet. There's not much difference from starting with a bare frame. Great bike to start with.

Carl.

20180103_002837.jpg
20180103_002847.jpg

Unlike previous attempts, I plan on getting this done early. I know.what I want to do and pretty much have the parts.
This was my go-to bike for over 3 years. It's been down a few months with a slipping rear hub and crunchy crank bearings.
I have both of those issues corrected. 3 spd coaster and loose-ball crank bearings.

Using a girls fork with a spacer on the bottom for a little rake.
Old light was too big and eventually broke the mount.
Using Model A backup light.
20180103_004411.jpg

You could make some pedal blocks out of wood to match. Oak works well—durable.

I made the same things minus the pins and I was too impatient to cut grooves for around $20, and most of that was the pedals. I should set myself up a small assembly line!

Love that headbadge.
Curious to see how the fork and spacer works out

SO many guys put that spacer on top. Not me. Like yours, the spacer under the race just looks cleaner, lifts the front a bit, almost a "highboy" look and saves clearance under the crank/pedals. No scrapers here. Sometimes the race itself needs a bit of shim to stay centered, but that's an easy fix too. Good job bro, it's awesome.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back