1980 Schwinn Cruiser 5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6696.JPG
IMG_6694.JPG
I traded some car parts for this. It is going the Strandie route.

Cool! Can’t wait! Was the frame cold set to accommodate the more narrow width of the coaster vs width of the 5 speed hub / 5 speed Arom brake?

Interesting this one does not have the drum brake on back - was that a year to year thing ? or did some have it, others not ? I have a coaster model 1980 Cruiser delux I've been wanting to make a Cruiser 5 from (and use the fork elsewhere ). Just wasn't sure about brakes setup.

It should handle an Atom five with just a little love. Get a canti lever rear derailuer hanger and a Schwinn 5 speed rear d from a suburban light weight and use the neck shifter and brake lever The trick is that too clear the stays on the older canti frame all you have too do is turn the coke chain wheel around on the crank. With the knurl too the teeth going outside instead of toward the inside run cables and enjoy. While this pic is not new this heavy duti is still screaming and well known too the locals. Many a relics ride or second sat ride it has been on in cali.
242.JPG

Latest posts

Back