Lesson on Pedal Scrapin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off let me tell you I have been scrapin pedals since I tore apart my first bike. But never went has far has adding scrape plates.

Simple lesson goes like this: lay down the back of the pedal and lean to the side

I mainly do this to tighten around corners, but mistakes do happen I stepped to hard into the curve and the front of the pedal hit the pavement diggin into it and flipping me over the bike . Luckliy the bike took the hit well for how much it ways but did damage the handle bars a little. i wanted to change them out anyways. In the past I have hit my knees with the crank and pedal but never really flew over the bike.

Just wanted to put that out there so new pedal scrapers can be careful. I got lucky I was not filming for my you tube video got to get a little more practice in.

lol, pedals do save broken bones believe it or not. You know how cars leave behind a trail of wind? Well, I was waiting for this van to pass me on the oncoming lane because I wanted to turn left, and there was another car behind the van so I quickly pedaled a split second after the van had passed and the wind following the van sucked me in that direction, thankfully my pedal was in a perfect position to repel off the ground and kept my balance... that was a saver, I could have been eating some pavement or a car's grill!

My pedal has scrapped lightly a couple of times on the same corner recently during rides. It's good for a quick adrenalin rush!

my pedals scrpe every time i move! i need shorter cranks. my pedals are close to halfway ground away. i wanted to replace the pedal bodies with some kind of steel so it sparks when i scrape.

all i did was get two plates of steel and bolt it over the pedals.

for the video i want to try and use the sparkers that the skateboard guys use

i'll update with some pics

when the burritos are out of the stable, braking with the pedals is one of my fav things to do. the bikes are low enough it works like a charm. dont matter how fast i'm going, i'll just lean the bike and grind em into the ground like my life depends on it.
its especially fun in the downtown core.
don't get me wrong, i'm very cautious on my bike around pedestrians. i do however enjoy the shear terror on thier faces as they spin around thinking the sidewalks being torn up behind them by some sort of heavy machinery.
and of course i love the look of desgust when they realize its me on my bicycle, grinding my pedals and they where never in harms way.

Latest posts

Back