You "walk" your dog on a bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still don't know what this bike is (hint hint, someone tell me) but with it's 3 speed and low sitting height it make a great dog walking bike. Rufus digs it.
0927081234.jpg

I use this bike

DSCF1643.jpg

to walk this dog

PDC_0121.jpg

It's fixed gear/freewheel (flip/flop hub), low ratio. Fixed works good cuz I can use my legs to control the speed, as one hand has the leash around it and the other sometimes has the poop bag.

i stopped trying to take my dog on rides :? , shes too nervous when it comes to being outside and would rather follow her nose than look around. but that 50lb bassett sure could drag a fatman on a kids bike around :mrgreen:

Ratpick said:
I still don't know what this bike is (hint hint, someone tell me) but with it's 3 speed and low sitting height it make a great dog walking bike. Rufus digs it.
0927081234.jpg

I have a German Shepherd too!! I made a video of her running with me on my Boardtrack Bike. You are right, low handlebars provide excellent control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y95qeyv4Rls

Dogs and bikes don't mix around our house anymore. We used to put our Jack Russell Terrier in a basket on my wife's bike and harness him in tight. We used to go out on the bike path and visit the parks in the neighborhood. One day a squirrel ran in front of my wife's bike and the dog cleared the top of the basket, swung in front of the bike and got his leg stuck in between the spokes and the forks. Wife goes over the handlebars and hits face first on the sidewalk and slides like a sack of potatoes. I thought she was dead when I saw her. She was knocked out and her eyes were open. She wound up with a concussion, broken nose, four stitches across the bridge of her nose, a tooth push back, tons of road rash and she got an angiogram to make sure her corroded artery was about to rupture. She fully recovered and is perty as ever. The dog was fine. The fire dept. had to cut three spokes to get him "out" of the bike. I still have the backwards bent forks in the garage as a reminder. That's also why I didn't ride a bike for about ten years.

Anyway, that's a cool lookin' dog ya got there!

Latest posts

Back