• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

44t schwinn or similar sprocket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Trying to regear my Dads bike to get him riding more. Has a 46t schwinn middleweight sprocket now. Looking for a 44t.

Could be sweetheart, lucky 7, snowflake etc. Just something that will look right on a schwinn middleweight.

I can trade the 46t schwinn or a flightliner. What do you have kicking around thats CHEAP.

Crank coming off my Electra to make room for motor (assuming I get compatible non-coaster rear hub situation resolved), let me count teeth later tonight.

Missing a few in my head for sure...

No clue what looks "right" on a Schwinn.

Heres the bike, something chrome with a design. If I dont come up with a match, I may go with spider and blue chainring, give it a bmx flavor.

Attachments

• 20171015_074859.jpg
    20171015_074859.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 135
Even if it fit, and I forgot to actually count, mine is black.
No match to your theme of blue and chrome.
Could still buy you one as part of a trade.

It may be easier to just try different rear cogs. I have read here that +1 tooth on the rear cog = -3 teeth on the front chain wheel . That way you get to keep the original look.

Then how bout a Shimano 3 speed coaster?
No problems except my new motor's crank
free-wheels and can't activate the coaster.
Your setup looks more coaster friendly.

Closer value to the autobike hub I'm trying
to trade for, that needs my freewheel crank.
Maybe easier than 3i to weld a drum or disk.
Prefer not to brake on red powdercoat rim.

My 3i is the right color of chrome, not black.
I'm counting the same number of spokes.
Shifter is half throttle though. You probably
look more Schwinny with some lever on the
frame.

Last edited:
Sturmey Archer SC2 2 speed kickback on the rear 22 t cog. Not having luck finding a different cog. I ordered one that bike shop recommended and it doesnt fit. The bike is 2 hours away at my parents.

Last edited:
Sturmey Archer SC2 2 speed kickback on the rear 22 t cog. Not having luck finding a different cog. I ordered one that bike shop recommended and it doesnt fit. The bike is 2 hours away at my parents.
It should use the standard 3 nub cog...doesn't it? Shimano nexus and SA sprockets should both work.

Jason

Ok, heres a list of cogs from S2C specs sheet.

The bike is set up with 46/22 now. I need a 23 or 24 if i change the rear cog. Not listed.
If i change the front to 44 or 43 I get the same result.
Screenshot_20180926-152344_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Visually...that sprocket has a huge inside diameter...I think that is a C50 sprocket (SA igh 5spd). All other (non spline) sturmeys (I believe), nexus, and igh sachs use a smaller bore three nub sprocket.

I got my last big SA sprockets from tree fort bikes (I had got a 20T, 21T, & 22T at that time)...they have a 23t listed...
https://www.treefortbikes.com/Shima...MIhv6-4__Z3QIVgblkCh05uAnuEAQYAyABEgIe2PD_BwE
The only 24T I've seen was on a dutch website. Sturmey, I think, rates all there hubs at max 22T...so, they have no reason to make bigger.

Jason

RE: A.S.BOLTNUT

Many of those appear to be missing every other tooth, is that normal?

RE: A.S.BOLTNUT

Many of those appear to be missing every other tooth, is that normal?

Skip tooth sprockets, lol
Also have many that are regular 1/2 pitch , like what your looking for .

Latest posts

Back