Beachcomber - Class 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some wild handlebars.
They may yet become even wilder.
Swagalicious! Dig the T!
The print on the back is more swagadelic than that:
20181017_175005.jpg

(Edit: Don't know why it decided to spin the photo when I shared it, but you'll just have to lean your head over a bit to get the full impact.)

Last edited:
I was on a group ride in L.A. on Saturday (rolling my other Class 2 entry, DXnard) and through a series of events, ended up with Art Ramirez from Blackheart building a set of square tube forks for this project. I'll let you all decide if this ends up disqualifying this bike from the build-off or not, but I'm going to finish and install them as soon as they're finished, either way.

I was on a group ride in L.A. on Saturday (rolling my other Class 2 entry, DXnard) and through a series of events, ended up with Art Ramirez from Blackheart building a set of square tube forks for this project. I'll let you all decide if this ends up disqualifying this bike from the build-off or not, but I'm going to finish and install them as soon as they're finished, either way.
I don't see a problem.

What's the difference if you get a custom set of forks from someone you've met or I order a custom set of forks from an address on eBay? I think you're fine.

Carl.
I don't see a problem.

Thanks guys. During the post-ride raffle, I won a set of machined aluminum, adjustable geometry handlebars by which Art seemed especially bewitched. I just turned around and handed them to him right there, and he was so happy, he told me that he was going to build a set of forks for me.

I guess good deeds do pay off on occasion, but I'm not used to having the karma payoff in such an immediate manner. :happy:

Last edited:
Sounds like you've got the proverbial 'golden horseshoe where the sun don't shine' Dave! :21:

Some sweet deals falling your way!

Don't expect this one to be done in time. Got laid off the Friday before Christmas, so... Happy Holidays to me.

Anyway, I'll do a few finishing touches to the other one, and maybe I'll be able to finish this one by July, if things turn around.

Looks like I'll be wrenching at the LBS part-time until I find full-time work, anyway.

Don't expect this one to be done in time. Got laid off the Friday before Christmas, so... Happy Holidays to me.

Anyway, I'll do a few finishing touches to the other one, and maybe I'll be able to finish this one by July, if things turn around.

Looks like I'll be wrenching at the LBS part-time until I find full-time work, anyway.
:doh:

I hope a new and better job turns up!

:( Sorry to hear about the job loss. Wrenching at the LBS sounds like a good segue.

Latest posts

Back