1998 Kona Cruiser - Ebay

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ya, too small for my big self or I would have grabbed it already....but I would have made a much lower offer, even though it's irreverent what it sold for new 20 yrs ago.....these rides are going up in value for good reason, once you ride one you will understand!!!

Last edited:
Love the bikes...don't love the price. It was sub-$400 brand new...20+ years ago...and they made them for many, many years.

True but this is not a stock bike either. Lots of modern, high end parts on this, it should really rip.

Plus, they might have made em for years but it was always a low volume model. You’d NEVER see one around in the Midwest here.

There is some good parts on it, but, I don't particularly find truvativ, tektro, sun, or formula to be particularly high end parts...mostly oem stuff.

Maybe values have shot up recently...but, there was a $50 one outside of Boise for a couple months, I just couldn't find someone to pick it up and ship it for me. I usually find nice-ish ones for $200-400 and have only been stumped by distance on pulling the trigger. There seem to be a lot more in NorCal and Washington than where I'm at in between the two :grin:.

Just checked...it was on LetGo, not CL...and it is listed as still being available :grin: (it was 10+ months ago that I contacted scribble about the possibility of picking it up). This one is pretty much stock...for my purposes it would have been great as I was going to make a bmx cruiser out of it. The 15" frame with a ~22" top tube is about perfect.

https://us.letgo.com/en/i/kona-cruiser_3faf7a13-7832-403f-a996-579811dce3dc

I have a Pendleton OR trip coming up soon...I wonder if I could talk the wife into an additional 400mi drive to pick up a $50 bike :blush:.

Jason

Latest posts

Back