My Chrome Cruiser build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bll

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Friends, opening this thread to track this beach cruiser build.

Started off as a frame and fork found on the internet. I've wanted a chrome Bassett Star Cruiser for about one year now. Frankly I had moved on but one popped up for sale and frankly, without thinking to much, snatched it up.

bassett.jpg

Since I'm sourcing all the parts from the used market, everything needs to be, silver, chrome, or polished with the exception of rims and tires perhaps.

So far I've gotten an SE polished stem.

45608351_10216424429861865_4707346673959960576_n.jpg

Also a set of SE cranks.

cranks3.jpg

I'll grab a sealed headset from Amazon. I saw an Origin8 for 30 bucks that looked fine.

The bars will be: 7/8" Flat Track & Scrambles Handlebars Chrome 4.5" Rise from EMGO part # 23-92404 and hopefully arrive today.

Not sure on grips yet, I'd like to find a set of vintage dirt bike grips. My buddy has a perfect Pink non throttle side grip so it may make the cut but also depending on what I can find for the "throttle side."

Saddle will probably be a brown Brooks B67.

Currently on the hunt for a set of wheels, I would prefer chrome/silver hubs and a colored rims would be the preference.

hey guys, need some help. front wheel will not mount in the forks. any advice? is there a smaller diameter axel i could use?
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG

in the top pic, the axle won't slide in, in the bottom pic, it won't slide out!

hey guys, question. what's the protocol on the spacing of crank arm/spindle/bolt situation? seems like i want to have the spindle bolt end sunk in just enough so the tapered crank bolts cinch it all together as opposed to bottoming out on the spindle and leaving it jiggly. hope that made sense.

IMG_1572[1].JPG

IMG_1574[1].JPG

Very cool. Bike came out nice. Try getting a longer gooseneck to raise the bars up. The bars look great so I wouldn't change them. Those tires look great, as long as they don't rub the frame, I'd leave them alone too. This bike really makes me want to build a strandie.

I see, your wheel is on the very end of the dropouts. I guess some taller bmx bars would fit the looks. Good luck finishing it up!

Very cool. Bike came out nice. Try getting a longer gooseneck to raise the bars up. The bars look great so I wouldn't change them. Those tires look great, as long as they don't rub the frame, I'd leave them alone too. This bike really makes me want to build a strandie.

I must say it rides great as is. I'm already used to the bars and as long as I keep my rear axle tight,tire rub shouldn't ever be an issue.

I did try........and fail, to do a sweet curb jump on the maiden voyage, which yanked the chain off and sent the tire into the stay. :headbang: I was smart enough to bring a wrench though, and she's been perfect since. :grin::rockout::rofl:

Latest posts

Back