Unofficial March Shootout

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I painted one of the blue darts black. In a few days I'll flip it over and do the other one. Paint dries slow at 10F.
15522448700451931186774.jpg

Nice. Beat me to the bent springer.
I was just going to order one...
Also a pretty cool first post.
Flip over to the "intros" threads,
and get a welcome from the crew.

Carl.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Last edited:
I also stand corrected. That back tire is only a 26 x 2.4 not a 3 inch and not a hookworm (I'm getting bikes from the past confused) but I'm thinking of calling it Jagwar, as in Gwar, the band...
623d6b708ca1b872da32b28771f42222.jpg

Last edited:
I also stand corrected. That back tire is only a 26 x 2.4 not a 3 inch and not a hookworm (I'm getting bikes from the past confused) but I'm thinking of calling it Jagwar, as in Gwar, the band...
623d6b708ca1b872da32b28771f42222.jpg

big anyways

Alright there's a lot going on here...
e0533538b35a7c1f02b716b4e9d99c22.jpg

You can see the three inches of tubing that was added behind the bottom bracket. There's also a decent view of the Shimano 3 speed coaster, a little bit of cable, the shorty shifter and the fat flat black rim I laced to the hub with the red nipples (matches the front wheel) #jagwar

Carl.

Last edited:
Anybody else plugging away at their bike? Today I fit the original chain guard. I also rode it a bit, the stem I have here needs to be replaced... I'll be looking for something a bit vintage, at the least an old Wald.
329c245096abef1a153f62b0f4749244.jpg
b685d9613039e587c14d3d86e6ef36c3.jpg

Carl.

Oh, and my front tire? Allstate 26x1.75
allstate175.jpg

Last edited:
I took the masking tape off the darts I painted over but it is too cold for the tape to stick so the paint bled all around the tape. I'm calling it done, can't do anymore as it too cold and won't warm up enough this month to do any painting that requires masking.
I can't imagine it as cold as you've got it and trying to work on my bike. The chill here is part of why I've happily accepted the half stripped worn off finish on mine. You could take the fork in the house and take it down to bare metal with a bit of steel wool.That's a finish that looks good on just about any style fork. In any event you know when to post the completed bike... March 31st.

Carl.

Halfway Point! Woohoo!
9 Players at this point, the latest jumping "IN" 6 days ago. I'm really looking forward to more progress reports from you all. I'm wondering if anyone has a trick up their sleeve to push them over the top. It's all fun but there is that "Rat Supreme" trophy... It's a wip right now, but I think you'll all dig it.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back