Recycled Parts / Thunderbolt Grease Slapper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Anybody else here reuse parts? I know I have pieces that were on two or three until they seemed to "belong" to the build. I also have a frame that I'm STILL working on that has seen a fair bit of action. I'm almost ready to call it The Thunderbolt Grease Slapper and modify it to fit whatever the buildoff calls for...
TGS.jpg

Carl.
Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Last edited:
Every one of my builds use repurposed components!

I’m cheap that way! I couldn’t afford 30 bikes if everything was new!!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every one of my builds use repurposed components!

I’m cheap that way! I couldn’t afford 30 bikes if everything was new!!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha! Me too. But what about the same repurposed part, like a two toned San Marco seat I've had on 3 or 4 bikes? Or a set of butterfly handlebars like Eliminators had, that I fabbed up from two sets of apes? Those bars been on a few builds but right now they're hanging in the rafters. I'm 75% serious about the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper. Start out with BO14, then convert it to whatever the next BO is and then continue to change and modify the same frame to fit the rules of the following BO. The only hang up I see is the rule "Bike must not be built beforehand" and the fact I keep finding new bikes to build...

Carl.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

I re-use parts and I never missed a Tom Slick cartoon on Saturday morning. Can't believe Klutcher lived to the end of the episode after getting hit on the head with a wrench so many times by Baron Otto Matic.

Latest posts

Back